Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
mendesitba
Connoisseur
mendesitba began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, Ipad 2, Note 5
Deleting books in the cloud: only 10 each time?

Hello!

I read some threads and found out I can delete books/pdocs in Amazon's cloud by going to "manage my devices".

That said, could you clarify something to me? Is it correct that I can only delete 10 books/pdocs each time? I'm not able to delete more than ten because Amazon don't let me select more than this number of files per time*. I have 1200+ (mainly daily feeds) files that I want to remove, is there any way I can select all files and delete them?

Thanks!

* Does the expression "per time" is used in such a context in English, with the meaning of "each time"? The literal translation to Portuguese is very used in Brazil in this sense, I'm wondering if in English it also exists.
mendesitba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Hi,

You can access your personal documents also via Cloud Drive (https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/) and there's no limitation how many files you can select and delete.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
mendesitba
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
Hi,

You can access your personal documents also via Cloud Drive (https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/) and there's no limitation how many files you can select and delete.
I also read in the threads concerning removing documents from the cloud that if you delete the file from the Cloud Drive, it will remain in your Kindle Device's cloud and also in the other apps that can access Kindle's Cloud, such as Kindle For Android.

I'm not completely sure, but what I have understood from the threads is that the Cloud Drive is somehow independent of the Kindle's cloud.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
If you go to manage my kindle and devices at Amazon, you can delete or send up to 10 files at a time.
Hey feel privileged. Up until last year, it was one at a time.

So yes, you will be a while doing it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
mendesitba
Connoisseur

Then, you confirmed my suspicions but, well, after looking at things from that perspective, yes, it could be terribly worse if it still was 1 file per time!

Last edited by mendesitba; 12-09-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Advert
Old 12-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendesitba View Post
Then, you confirmed my suspicions but, well, after looking at things from that perspective, yes, it could be terribly worse if it still was 1 file per time!
I noticed your little side question.
Best answer should be at a time not each time.
Once you are logged in, you can delete as many as you want but only 10 at a time. When they are deleted, you can immediately do 10 more.

One of the members here cleaned out her files going back to 2011. I think it took her over a month.
Last I checked, my kindle collection was over 8500.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #7
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I cleaned out my large archive just before they changed the page to doing 10 at a time. It was before the infinity scroll and we had pages. My books go back to 2008 and it took me weeks and weeks to get it done. I had got a lot of freebies in the early days that looking at them later I went WTF. So I cleaned out like close to 1000 books. One by frogging one.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There was a bookmarklet somewhere that could delete in bulk -- this was back in the pre-infinity-scroll days and the bookmarklet could delete unlimited books at a time.

I don't remember where or if it was ever updated for the new MYK...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:44 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendesitba View Post
I also read in the threads concerning removing documents from the cloud that if you delete the file from the Cloud Drive, it will remain in your Kindle Device's cloud and also in the other apps that can access Kindle's Cloud, such as Kindle For Android.

I'm not completely sure, but what I have understood from the threads is that the Cloud Drive is somehow independent of the Kindle's cloud.
IIRC if you delete it from Cloud Drive it will be deleted in Kindle Cloud as well, but it will still be in the recycle bin in the Cloud Drive.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
There was a bookmarklet somewhere that could delete in bulk -- this was back in the pre-infinity-scroll days and the bookmarklet could delete unlimited books at a time.

I don't remember where or if it was ever updated for the new MYK...
Hey Atunah,
Should we hit him now or later ?
Thanks for the heads up long after we need it.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Yeah, well, that's what you get for not asking.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221822
http://pepa.info/check-and-delete/
https://j4n-co.github.io/mass-destroy-kindle-items/
Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I didn't know you back then.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #13
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I wouldn't have been comfortable to use something I don't understand anyway.
In order for my stuff to continue working, I refrain from installing, running, fiddling with things that are latin to me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I didn't know you back then.
Think how much better the world would be if you had seen the light and joined us a year or two earlier.

So you see, it's all your fault...
Old 12-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Think how much better the world would be if you had seen the light and joined us a year or two earlier.

So you see, it's all your fault...
What light? And who's world?

Tags
cloud, delete, english language, kindle, manage my devices