Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Pondering
Pondering began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Numbered and bulleted list format lost on Nook Simple Touch epub

I am having problems retaining the formatting of number and bullet lists in my epub when reading the document on a Nook Simple Touch. The epub renders correctly in the Calibre reader. However, when I try to read it on the Nook, the lists look like:

First Item
Second Item
Third Item

Bullets do the same thing, with a dot showing first with the text on the next line.

I have tried converting the book using the different profiles (including Nook) with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Pondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What does the code look like of the lists? You can examine this in Sigil. The Calibre reader is not a good judgement on how it will look, it is just an approximation.
Also, don't convert a book with Calibre, it will make editing, adjusting and fixing a whole lot more complex.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
Agree with Toxaris' answer.
You can preview in Adobe Digital Editions, not perfect, but better than Calibre's Reader.
eping is offline   Reply With Quote