Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-29-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
DeDRM support site closed

The WordPress site where users could get help using DeDRM has been shut down. I read the posts daily to stay abreast of problems and to learn when new versions of DeDRM were released. Unfortunately that will no longer be possible. So I'll continue to use my currently installed DeDRM version with Calibre as long as it continues to work, but when it finally breaks, I'll have to go and buy a commercial program like Epubor.

RIP DeDRM.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:44 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Eh? Works for me.

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. No, it has just moved.
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools

Last edited by Sirtel; 11-29-2021 at 11:48 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:33 AM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
The WordPress site where users could get help using DeDRM has been shut down ...
There's a big discussion about this that starts here, with announcements from Apprentice Harper that he will cease maintaining the tools and Apprentice Alf that he is closing comments on the WordPress site starting here.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:49 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
...... Unfortunately that will no longer be possible. So I'll continue to use my currently installed DeDRM version with Calibre as long as it continues to work, but when it finally breaks, I'll have to go and buy a commercial program like Epubor.
RIP DeDRM.
I really wonder how you've missed seeing this thread, started in 2014, with the purpose of keeping tout le monde up to date:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=253119
The first post contains all the update information you will continue to need.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 11-30-2021 at 05:53 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:55 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
As others have mentioned, there's a new maintainer, noDRM, with support discussions at https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/discussions

With search of discussions, and threads, and lots of good stuff!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Eh? Works for me.

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. No, it has just moved.
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
Except that GitHub is for developers and programmers; not for the ordinary user. I don't program so I don't understand probably 99.44% of the discussions there.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #7
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I really wonder how you've missed seeing this thread, started in 2014, with the purpose of keeping tout le monde up to date:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=253119
The first post contains all the update information you will continue to need.
Except that I as an ordinary user and NOT a programmer, don't understand 99.44% of what is said on GitHub. The Wordpress site was much more ordinary user friendly.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Except that GitHub is for developers and programmers; not for the ordinary user.
Not true. The releases on github are most definitely intended for ordinary users. (except, of course, those ordinary users who are unwilling to actually read READMEs and release notices). One can even get notification of new releases by using RSS. No need even for a github account.

Quote:
I don't program so I don't understand probably 99.44% of the discussions there.
Perfect. The discussion thus far has been 99.44% programming free.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #9
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
As others have mentioned, there's a new maintainer, noDRM, with support discussions at https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/discussions

With search of discussions, and threads, and lots of good stuff!
Thanks for the link but I went there and it is empty except for 1 post with 3 comments (one of which was yours from today) in the General tab. Nothing in any of the others yet.

BTW, it said I could sign up for free but when I tried, I was told I would have to subscribe to a plan. This just reinforced the fact that GitHub is for programmers/developers only and there won't be any support for the ordinary user of DeDRM.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:02 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
With the new discussion area, is it possible to get emailed when there are new posts that I can read via email instead of having to go and have a look?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:13 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
BTW, it said I could sign up for free but when I tried, I was told I would have to subscribe to a plan.
And one of those plans is free.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:16 AM   #12
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
BTW, it said I could sign up for free but when I tried, I was told I would have to subscribe to a plan.
I don't know what you clicked. GitHub is free to use.

Quote:
This just reinforced the fact that GitHub is for programmers/developers only and there won't be any support for the ordinary user of DeDRM.
Ordinary users have been receiving help on Apprentice Harper's GitHub site for a long time. More questions have been asked and answered there than on Apprentice Alf's blog in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
With the new discussion area, is it possible to get emailed when there are new posts that I can read via email instead of having to go and have a look?
The eye icon in the upper right lets you watch all activity or just specific types. You receive an email when anything is posted.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:29 PM   #13
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
I always thought GitHub was for nerds. I knew you could get the latest releases there but not help for the Ordinary user. I always thought the best place to get help was here.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:00 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The eye icon in the upper right lets you watch all activity or just specific types. You receive an email when anything is posted.
Thank you. That's perfect. I've selected releases and discussions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #15
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Weird. I just went back to https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/discussions to see if I could get that free plan and when I arrived I discovered I was logged in! This is even though I never finished the account sign-up process. I've opted to watch "All Activity" until I get a feel for the site.