Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
RobbK
Ghost Hunter
RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZReader
GOT MINE!!

Well I picked up my PRS-600 yesterday after looking at different brands for about 8 months. I was pleased to find that I had none of the software issues that some others have had. I plug it in and it loaded up in my Vaio with out a hitch. The Glare really is not a issue. The thing feels like its built like a brick crap house!!!
So far I could not be happier with my choice. I was worth the wait.
RobbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Congrats! Now, read some good books and relax.............
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
thefanmyj
Enthusiast
thefanmyj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
Welcome, Robbk!
thefanmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
esowden
not your typical dude...
esowden began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Congratulations and welcome to MobileRead! I dropped my PRS-600 for the first time today. It landed on the concrete floor of our local GMC dealership. Thanks to the cover - no damage!!!
esowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by esowden View Post
Congratulations and welcome to MobileRead! I dropped my PRS-600 for the first time today. It landed on the concrete floor of our local GMC dealership. Thanks to the cover - no damage!!!
OUCH! Glad all is well........ that is why I alway have a cover/case for all portable devices.
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
noname2009
noname2009 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600

Ordered the PRS600 yesterday. I am surprised to receive it today by courier. I have a wall USB charger (not the PSP one). Can I just plug the reader and charge it without any issue?
noname2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbK View Post
Well I picked up my PRS-600 yesterday after looking at different brands for about 8 months. I was pleased to find that I had none of the software issues that some others have had. I plug it in and it loaded up in my Vaio with out a hitch. The Glare really is not a issue. The thing feels like its built like a brick crap house!!!
So far I could not be happier with my choice. I was worth the wait.
Even if you have no problems (yet) with pieceofcrap^Wreader.exe, I'd highly recommend using Calibre. It is so much better there is no comparison. I only ever use the reader program to download anything I got from the Sony Store. If it wasn't for that I would just delete that useless, buggy piece of garbage.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Bremen Cole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2009 View Post
Ordered the PRS600 yesterday. I am surprised to receive it today by courier. I have a wall USB charger (not the PSP one). Can I just plug the reader and charge it without any issue?
The wall USB charger will not work, the reader will only charge from a computer usb port (the little symbol will show, but it is NOT charging) .... You have to get the Sony Reader AC adapter, or use the cheaper (and just as good) Sony PSP AC adapter........
Old 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Yes only use usb to charge from the computer. Not only is it not charging when connected to the mains via usb, it's actually draining! The psp charger works great though.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
RobbK
Ghost Hunter
RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Even if you have no problems (yet) with pieceofcrap^Wreader.exe, I'd highly recommend using Calibre. It is so much better there is no comparison. I only ever use the reader program to download anything I got from the Sony Store. If it wasn't for that I would just delete that useless, buggy piece of garbage.

-Marcy
I will download the Calibre program tomorrow and check it out.
RobbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
noname2009

Thank you for your quick responses to the USB charging question. You guys are great!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
noname2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
The wall USB charger will not work, the reader will only charge from a computer usb port (the little symbol will show, but it is NOT charging) .... You have to get the Sony Reader AC adapter, or use the cheaper (and just as good) Sony PSP AC adapter........

I asked this questions because I remember reading somewhere says it wouldn't work with the wall USB charger. Wonder why thought.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
CarolB
Connoisseur
CarolB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
I tried it with the USB thing and it doesn't work, I still have to invest in a PSP charger, but everywhere I go lately they're out of them!
CarolB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Bremen Cole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolB View Post
I tried it with the USB thing and it doesn't work, I still have to invest in a PSP charger, but everywhere I go lately they're out of them!
Right after Christmas is prolly not the best time to look
Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
rkelac
rkelac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
I have a wall charger that accepts a standard usb - mini usb cable. It also has a cable that has a standard usb plug on one end and two yellow round plugs on the other. The Sony will charge fine with this cable. If you have this type of wall charger, RadioShack probably has the usb - yellow plug cable.
rkelac is offline   Reply With Quote