Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
danbloom
Banned
danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: The Bindle: no batteries, hand-cranked pages, mobile, underlineable
Bill Hill, ex-Microsoft design guru, says no need at all for new word for e-reading

thread closed

Last edited by danbloom; 11-13-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: offline
danbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
danbloom
Banned
danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

THIS is what you should be reading Donn and Ardeeggee....
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
danbloom, does every single new google hit you get on this issue really require a new thread here?

Just asking.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
danbloom
Banned

thead closed

Last edited by danbloom; 11-13-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: offloine
Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Oh, well, that's good to know, considering how many of them seem to have shown up here recently. I don't see why this latest hot news in the "does reading on a screen require a new word" non-controversy couldn't have been a reply in one of your previous posts on this super important non-issue.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 AM   #6
danbloom
Banned

thead clsoed

Last edited by danbloom; 11-13-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: off
Old 11-02-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbloom View Post
white arrow, i thought you would have liked Bill Hill's take, because he disagrees with me completely and says my idea is completely NOT NEEDED. I gave the other side, to be balanced. You think I am pushing an agenda. i am not. I am pushing an idea up a hill, with both sides of the issue to be examined. Bill Hill said NOT NEEDED, dumb idea.
This post should have gone on one of the original threads.

It's great that you're enthusiastic about this topic, Dan Bloom, but 7 threads in your first 2 days on the same subject is a bit much. I think the reason that some people are getting a tad snarky is that they are afraid that that the News and Commentary forum is fast becoming your personal blog.

We had a made-up controversy here before that was great fun (search "liseuse"), but I don't think anyone took it quite so seriously.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #8
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
This post should have gone on one of the original threads.

It's great that you're enthusiastic about this topic, Dan Bloom, but 7 threads in your first 2 days on the same subject is a bit much. I think the reason that some people are getting a tad snarky is that they are afraid that that the News and Commentary forum is fast becoming your personal blog.

We had a made-up controversy here before that was great fun (search "liseuse"), but I don't think anyone took it quite so seriously.
PDF/ePub argument was up there too...but it was mostly just a huge thread with a couple small satellite threads that were started by different folks.

Oh and to stay to this topic...Mr. Hill's response:
Quote:
He asked for my opinion on the term "screening". So here it is:

Creating a new term for reading onscreen is not only unneccessary, but actually counter-productive.
is remarkably like one of my posts in the other thread...
Quote:
There is no real benefit to a specialized term. It is not just unnecessary, it's likely counterproductive.
My post...

Last edited by LDBoblo; 11-02-2009 at 02:48 AM. Reason: added stuff
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:54 AM   #9
danbloom
Banned

thread closed

Last edited by danbloom; 11-13-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: poster left forum
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
danbloom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
to stay to this topic...Mr. Hill's response:
is remarkably like one of my posts in the other thread...
My post...
yes, you said the same thing he said, too. great minds think alike. I valued your comments, too. LDB.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #11
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Oh, so THAT is what this is all about, the lisuese thing. I saw that word mentioned, i fell for it, i thought it was a real e-reader from France or something. Now i see. I had the misfortune of following in Liseuses's footprint. Understand now.
I'm not sure you do understand. The snarking has nothing to do with the "liseuse thing", as it was mostly for fun, but more to do with annoyance at 7 identical threads started by the same poster in the span of 2 days.

Quote:
anyway, I am outta here now. I am not going to post and comment anymore here. I know when I am not wanted, and this was a tough crowd to make friends with. Very very weird experience. Later, well, i mean, goodbye. Over and out.
This is at least your third threat to take your toys and go home. It's not that you are not wanted, so much as your aforementioned breaches of decorum are not appreciated. Don't take it personally. I think this is one of the friendliest places on the web. Try participating in a thread you didn't start.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Oh, so THAT is what this is all about, the lisuese thing. I saw that word mentioned, i fell for it, i thought it was a real e-reader from France or something. Now i see. I had the misfortune of following in Liseuses's footprint. Understand now. anyway, I am outta here now. I am not going to post and comment anymore here. I know when I am not wanted, and this was a tough crowd to make friends with. Very very weird experience. Later, well, i mean, goodbye. Over and out.
No need to leave. People just got frustrated because there were a bunch of different threads, about relatively the same thing. They could have easily been grouped into the same thread.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Is there a way I can completely ignore any thread that danbloom originates? It's getting tiresome.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
go to your user cp, use "edit ignore list" (under "settings and options" on left hand side.)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #15
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
go to your user cp, use "edit ignore list" (under "settings and options" on left hand side.)
Unfortunately this does not "ignore" the thread, it just leaves the user's posts blank. With a "multiple threader on the same subject" the user's threads remain.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote