Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Using embedded fonts with italics only

How can I get embedded fonts to be used for italics only when converting from various source documents ((x)html based)? I am converting to LRF.

Currently, in CSS override I have
Code:
i	{font-family: Fontin;}

.italic	{font-family: Fontin;}
This works great when the source document uses <span class=italic> for italics, but falls apart dismally if the source doc uses <i></i>. In fact, I completely loose italics in the converted file.
Is there a way to get calibre to change <i></i> to <span class=italic></span>? Or is there another way to get the same result (without having to change my source files!!)?

Cheers
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone have any suggestions??
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
sherman
Guru

For those who are interested, I figured out something that works - I don't know how "correct" it is, but hey...

Basically,
Code:
i {font-family:Fontin;}
Became
Code:
i {font-style:italic; font-family:Fontin;}