Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #76
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Bad dog! No biscuit!
so you clicked too, eh ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #77
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so you clicked too, eh ?
So, what is it a video of? Of course, I'm not sure I actually want to know.

(Not available in my country apparently.)
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #78
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
So, what is it a video of? Of course, I'm not sure I actually want to know.

(Not available in my country apparently.)
Given it links to YouTube, I can take a guess, but haven't dared click!!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #79
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm not clicking either, but does it have anything about the old joke that girls can carry 10 donuts, whilst boys can carry 11?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #80
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I had a beaver tail at EPCOT in the Canadian section.
Me too! (I had one with chocolate sauce and maple sauce, and then my head exploded).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #81
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Why yes it is. The BeaverTail, invented by the Hookers of Ottawa, is a Canadian treat. Traditionally topped with sugar and cinnamon but also available in many other flavours.

A little history.

Recently enjoyed by U.S. President Barack Obama.

WDE.
Here in the lower 48 you can find them every now and again. They are often called Elephant Ears. There was a place a few blocks from my Grandfather's house that made them when I was a kid. My Mother could always tell when he bought me one. (Something about not being too hungry for dinner.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #82
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Bad dog! No biscuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so you clicked too, eh ?

Whaaaat? You don't like my pear tart recipes?? But I'm sharing it tomorrow. I think I'll wimp out and use the simpler recipe (but not the simplest one).

So which is best for cooking: Bartlett or Bosc? Not that I'm necessarily going to have a choice, mind you (cursed Randalls grocery stores).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #83
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Tomorrow is Donut (Doughnut) Day ... does everyone have their chosen donut picked out ready to be consumed?!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #84
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I have selected a pear tart recipe for Saturday's MobileRead Doughnut Day bake-off (and eat-off). It looks a bit difficult but the result should be visually impressive for my wife.

I have also selected an easier alternative just in case I wimp out and want to try something simpler. Or an even simpler one.
oh that's so pretty!!! I'm not one for sweets, but that is very esthetically pleasing!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #85
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Tomorrow is Donut (Doughnut) Day ... does everyone have their chosen donut picked out ready to be consumed?!
I've been in training for it all week!
Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #86
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
hmmmmm do apple fritters count?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #87
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I've been in training for it all week!
Does that mean you've been abstaining or practising.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #88
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Does that mean you've been abstaining or practising.

WDE.

What do you think?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #89
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Whaaaat? You don't like my pear tart recipes?? But I'm sharing it tomorrow. I think I'll wimp out and use the simpler recipe (but not the simplest one).

So which is best for cooking: Bartlett or Bosc? Not that I'm necessarily going to have a choice, mind you (cursed Randalls grocery stores).
I like the taste of Bartlett best.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #90
RWood
Technogeezer

I just had two Maple donuts at Dunkin Donuts.

Tags
glace au four