Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Or chrome or Safari or IE8 beta.

BOb
or one of them, yes. although i haven't seen IE8 beta yet so i reserve my judgement, and i don't trust IE in general as far as i could throw it, so preferably any of the other ones. especially firefox. (although, chrome has a lot of nice features too, and does seem to be improving. but i think it's missing some important features still).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #47
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Another clue..

I tried collapsing (-) the Quick Response area plus the Similar Topics area but this made no change to my reposition to next new post problem. I can only assume that what is done behind the scenes is done whether you display it or not.

I really don't want to change browser.

Also, this problem has only become a major headache in just the last few weeks. Any changes made that could have affected just IE?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #48
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
can't say THAT enough !! (seriously, WDE, here's how to fix your problem : get firefox. problem solved ! )
Quote:
Or chrome or Safari or IE8 beta.

BOb
Or Opera!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I tried collapsing (-) the Quick Response area plus the Similar Topics area but this made no change to my reposition to next new post problem. I can only assume that what is done behind the scenes is done whether you display it or not.

Also, this problem has only become a major headache in just the last few weeks. Any changes made that could have affected just IE?
why not ? is there a specific reason you don't want to change browser ? if it's just because you're used to it, i promise you that firefox (for example) is really not any more difficult to use than IE, however it works much better, is more standards-compliant, and has fewer security holes than IE. IE is a BAD BROWSER (not standards compliant, full of security holes, many many quirks... problems interpreting anchor links, for instance... ). you shouldn't use it. you wouldn't have this problem if you just change browsers for instance, wouldn't that make you happy ?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Or Opera!
Uh.. no. I would say stick with IE7 over Opera. It just doesn't work on alot of popular sites.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #51
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why? It's pretty simple to do. Firefox will import all your book marks. You can even keep IE as your default browser. If you don't like FF after a week of use, uninstall it.

Quote:
Are you at least using IE7 and not IE6?

BOb
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Why? It's pretty simple to do. Firefox will import all your book marks. You can even keep IE as your default browser. If you don't like FF after a week of use, uninstall it.

Are you at least using IE7 and not IE6?

BOb
yes, that's a good point : you don't have to give up IE completely if you really prefer it (although i bet you won't, after you start using firefox...). but at least try it out. it won't uninstall IE and you don't have to select it as your default browser. that way you have options.

and if you *are* still using IE6 and not 7, then you really have no business complaining about *any* weird rendering problems, or the Webstandards Fairy is going to come to your house and turn you into a frog.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #53
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
yes, that's a good point : you don't have to give up IE completely if you really prefer it (although i bet you won't, after you start using firefox...). but at least try it out. it won't uninstall IE and you don't have to select it as your default browser. that way you have options.
For me, I never really saw a need to run Firefox either. The reason I stared using it was due to the free Foxmarks add in. This syncs your bookmarks between multiple PCs. That add-in alone was the reason I switched. But, once I started using it I really did find it to be faster. Also, I heard to many resource issues with the 2.x version. But 3.x has been stable and memory usage is down. I even use Firefox on my Mac over Safari (even though Safari seems a bit faster). Once again due to being able to use Foxmarks.

Lack of foxmarks is the main reason I haven't tried chrome... even though so may people say how awesome and fast it is.

BOb
Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #54
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
For me, I never really saw a need to run Firefox either. The reason I stared using it was due to the free Foxmarks add in. This syncs your bookmarks between multiple PCs. That add-in alone was the reason I switched. But, once I started using it I really did find it to be faster. Also, I heard to many resource issues with the 2.x version. But 3.x has been stable and memory usage is down. I even use Firefox on my Mac over Safari (even though Safari seems a bit faster). Once again due to being able to use Foxmarks.

BOb
there are many many little firefox features or add-ons that you don't think you need until you start using them, and discover they are in fact indispensable.

Quote:
Lack of foxmarks is the main reason I haven't tried chrome... even though so may people say how awesome and fast it is.

BOb
chrome does have some really nice features but i don't think it's quite robust enough *or* fully featured enough to become my principal browser (yet ?). however i do love being able to drag tabs out of / into windows. i wish i could do that in firefox. (i should check, there might be an add-on that let's you do that. )
Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #55
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

This is:

Quote:
there are many many little firefox features or add-ons that you don't think you need until you start using them, and discover they are in fact indispensable.
Yep... although I think some of them should be built in. The main two I use are Foxmarks and Downloadthemall and delicious. I also use Roboform add-in but I have roboform for IE long before I started using Firefox.

BOb
Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #56
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
however i do love being able to drag tabs out of / into windows. i wish i could do that in firefox. (i should check, there might be an add-on that let's you do that. )
Actually, I hear that FF 3.1 will allow you to do this.

BOb
Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #57
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Yep... although I think some of them should be built in. The main two I use are Foxmarks and Downloadthemall and delicious. I also use Roboform add-in but I have roboform for IE long before I started using Firefox.

BOb
i haven't heard of roboform, what does that do ? i use foxmarks myself, not the other two. i've got plenty of others that i wouldn't want to give up though.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Actually, I hear that FF 3.1 will allow you to do this.

BOb
really ??? brilliant news !! any idea when it will be out ? (i just tried to update, current version is still 3.0.5 apparently)
Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #59
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
i haven't heard of roboform, what does that do ? i use foxmarks myself, not the other two. i've got plenty of others that i wouldn't want to give up though.
Roboform is a password manager/form filler. It makes it easy to have a unique password to every web site you use. they are all stored under a single master password. It will gen the passwords for you too. It also has wallet/indenty form filling features. All my web passwords are randomly generated 15 characters long. (The only passwords I know it my head are my gmail and paypal) The built in password stuff in FF doesn't compare.

It is free for I think up to 10 remembered web locations. Then you have to pay for it. I have two copies, one for my work and one for my home PC. I sync them using dropbox which is free. There is also a portable version that will run from a USB key if you use alot of public PCs or travel or whatever.

BOb
Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #60
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Roboform is a password manager/form filler. It makes it easy to have a unique password to every web site you use. they are all stored under a single master password. It will gen the passwords for you too. It also has wallet/indenty form filling features. All my web passwords are randomly generated 15 characters long. (The only passwords I know it my head are my gmail and paypal) The built in password stuff in FF doesn't compare.

It is free for I think up to 10 remembered web locations. Then you have to pay for it. I have two copies, one for my work and one for my home PC. I sync them using dropbox which is free. There is also a portable version that will run from a USB key if you use alot of public PCs or travel or whatever.

BOb