Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #16
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
It logged my maximum speed and average speed for the trip.
You can usually clear those logs, you know.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
It logged my maximum speed and average speed for the trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
You can usually clear those logs, you know.
Well, yes. NOW I know that I can clear the logs. I didn't know it was recording that info though. You can be sure it won't tattle on me again!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #18
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Driving from Dallas? Staying the night in hotels? Spending an extra night from Tennessee? Wow. You folks either really want to meet up or you've been sipping Zany Carters for a teensy bit too long, in my humble opinion. Hey, Marc just what's in those things anyway?!

Okay, let's try to accomodate as many as possible:

-Natch, just let us know dates you'd prefer in early October or early November. I assume we're talking Oct. 4 or 11 or Nov. 1 or 8.
-Ricky, we'll try to firm up a date as soon as we can.
-RSE, would 4 pm do or would you prefer even earlier for a start time (we could continue for as long people wish)?
-Amalthia, is that too early or did you mean you work until 8 pm on weekdays?
-RSE, Elsi, Ricky, maybe we should make a more northerly venue for you since I assume you live north of here, correct? Maybe the Woodlands off I-45?
-NatCh, sounds like a second for Panera Bread. I see there are 19 of them in the Houston area.

Any other requests?

How about other participants? You lurkers out there are welcome to come, too, you know (unless you're a lemur - we ain't havin' no steenking lemurs snooping around at this meet-up).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #19
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
If the meet up is on any day Monday-Friday before 8PM I won't be able to make it. My work hours are from 11am-8pm.

however on Saturdays and Sundays I'm free.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
If the meet up is on any day Monday-Friday before 8PM I won't be able to make it. My work hours are from 11am-8pm.

however on Saturdays and Sundays I'm free.
Check. Saturday it is.
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #21
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Auburn's Homecoming is 7 November, so I won't be able to come to Houston that weekend. Since graduating in 1973, I have been in Auburn for Homecoming every year except 1981. We no longer go to the game, but we have close friends who still live in Auburn and it's a great excuse for a tailgate party!

But, other than that weekend, I can try to arrange things so I can come down.

And yeah, I really do like meeting online friends face-to-face.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #22
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
-Natch, just let us know dates you'd prefer in early October or early November. I assume we're talking Oct. 4 or 11 or Nov. 1 or 8.
Any of those would be good targets, VR, though let's drop the 8th on Elsi's account.

Other than that, I'd say pick one, and I'll try to hit it. I won't know exactly which days I'll be in Houston until probably about a month out. You see, we set each trip's dates during the previous trip, so I won't know October dates until the week of the 8th of September, and I won't know November until whenever I'm there in October -- confusing enough?

In any case, I don't usually have any trouble getting the days I have in mind, so it's fairly likely that I can manipulate things, unless something specific is going on that I don't know about yet. So other than requesting a Saturday or Sunday, I say pick whatever works for everyone else, and I'll do my best to arrange things.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Great. So let's narrow it down by saying it will definitely be one of these three Saturdays: October 4, October 11, or November 1. But let's wait to pick which one until at least early next week so others can chime in with their requests. Does that work?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist

Sounds like a plan.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist

Oops. I've just acquired plans on November 1st, so I'd request we aim for eqarly October, unless that causes some great upheaval ....
Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

That's fine with me NatCh. Narrowing of plans is the ultimate goal. Okay, it's either October 4 or October 11.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #27
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I can't make it to the Nov 1 because of an all day school lecture thing I have to attend.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #28
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Driving from Dallas? Staying the night in hotels? Spending an extra night from Tennessee? Wow. You folks either really want to meet up or you've been sipping Zany Carters for a teensy bit too long, in my humble opinion. Hey, Marc just what's in those things anyway?!

Okay, let's try to accomodate as many as possible:

-Ricky, we'll try to firm up a date as soon as we can.
-RSE, would 4 pm do or would you prefer even earlier for a start time (we could continue for as long people wish)?
-RSE, Elsi, Ricky, maybe we should make a more northerly venue for you since I assume you live north of here, correct? Maybe the Woodlands off I-45?
-NatCh, sounds like a second for Panera Bread. I see there are 19 of them in the Houston area.

Any other requests?

How about other participants? You lurkers out there are welcome to come, too, you know (unless you're a lemur - we ain't havin' no steenking lemurs snooping around at this meet-up).

I had hoped to fly Southwest there and back in the same day. The last flight out is 7:00PM on Saturdays. (Cheapskates - every other day of the week is 10PM!) (Southwest is the US equivalent of Ryanair - only we did it first!)

So it's stay over, drive or fly. Can you recommend a reasonably good, reasonably close hotel?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #29
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

I think we should firm up the details on this. Right now we're talking about a Saturday afternoon at a Panera Bread in The Woodlands (a few miles north of Houston on I-45) on either October 4 or October 11. Any preference or should I just flip a biscuit (coin)? Any requests for changes?

I'll call the Panera Bread location and make sure it's okay. Here's the location:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=30....dlands%2C%20tx

NatCh, I assume you're waiting to hear from us on a date but if you have a preference just say so.

RSE, the location is about an hour and a half drive from where I live so I don't know much about it or the nearby hotels. But I can probably PM you a list of possibilities. I'll do that tonight - anything to make it easier for people I'm certainly up for, particularly for those who are going to great lengths to get here.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist

I was planning to post a message this morning that I'll be picking my travel dates for October in he next three days, so now is the time to holler if anyone has a specific preference.

I would probably prefer the 4th, but it's a very mild preference, so the 11th would be fine. I don't know yet if my work folks have their own preferences on when they want me here, usually they don't but sometimes they do.

The Woodlands would be a lot more convenient for me than Sugarland, since I'll most likely be flying in to IAH that afternoon and I tend to be more on the north side of town than the south when I'm here.

If I recall correctly, there ought to be a fair number of hotels and such in that area, also, Conroe isn't very far up the road from the Woodlands (like 10 miles), and it should have some good options in hotels (likely better priced) as well.