Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #31
Cullodenmermaid
Cullodenmermaid began at the beginning.

Device: None
Outlander is a wonderful book!

I absolutely adore this book. It's changed my life introducing me to a beautiful country, rich in history and culture. It's science fiction and fiction, NOT a science manual. The characters and action are much more interesting than any accuracy problems. Jamie is the perfect man; why not have a perfect man in a story? We all know perfection does not exist in mere humans. Stories are for escape and dreaming. The fan base for the series is mostly women. This is an extremely well written novel with an all consuming romance. I find that a typical "Romance Novel" is too light and airy, written at a very elementary level.
Too sum up, if you're a man, looking for a scientific historically accurate thesis, or a woman seeking a typical romance novel, this book is not for you. But if you're a well-read woman who likes to dream, travel, learn, and escape, enjoy!
Cullodenmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote