Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
THEMike
THEMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Easier Whispersync Enabling

Hi,

Attached is a quick app I've knocked up based on the source of mobi2mobi GUI to provide a quicker way of doing this:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...-Amazon_eBooks

Needs mobi2mobi, then pick an ebook, enter an ASIN and hit convert to get back a mobi file set up for sideloaded Whispersync.

I'm not sure if anyone feels a need for it? I'm after any useful feedback/faults then I'll clean up the source a bit, finish off and formally release (fully honouring the GPL that the mobi2mobi GUI is under, I'm just not happy with some of my code right now, needs cleaning up before releasing, consider this a teaser...)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Whispersynch.rar (11.3 KB, 256 views)
THEMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Messy or not... if GPL is the goal (or requirement since GPL'd code is being recycled), the source really should be available from the get-go.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
THEMike

Technically, I believe I do not need to release the source with the binary, merely provide it on request (though I should have included a copy of the GPL licence text). Which I am happy to do as I can then have a dialogue with the person requesting it as to the current state and known issues with the state. I just don't want to blindly blast it into the net as a whole in it's current subject to change undocumented state.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
THEMike

Updated/Final Version

I've now cleaned up the source, commented the methods, and refactored some error handling slightly.

So the final version is now available attached to this thread, including full source under the GPL.

Hope this is some use.
Attached Files
File Type: rar whispersynch.rar (23.1 KB, 258 views)
File Type: rar whispersynch_src.rar (44.2 KB, 244 views)

Tags
kindle, mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi gui, whispersync