Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Franky
Nameless Being

where is the manual

After trying to find the manual for installing the default-content & the latest version software, I ran into a wall.
So i would like to get some help with creating a new sd-card, starting from scratch on.

I've got a new pc Windows 7 & ADE. Problem is that I can't get my reader recognized by ADE. Yes, my pc does. When I start ADE, it doesn't come up until I unplug my reader. Once it is running and I plug in my reader, it isn't recognized.
So, I thought to create a new SD card in the hope it will be recognized.

I do hope somebody can help me to get it going again.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
what about: extract the SD card, connect it directly through a card reader to the computer, reformat, install the latest beta firmware rc3 on it from here
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Digi...e_applications
and try to get ADE to work ?
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
Franky
Nameless Being

That's exactly what I wanna try. I just need the to hint how. I mean, I've got a sdcard and I've got the files. I think I have to copy then in the root of the card. But there are 2 files. Therefore I'd like the know how that works.

I remember there was a sort of explanation how to do this.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
not sure what you mean, there is only one rc3 file,
http://updates.irexnet.com/beta/dr80...r800sg-rc3.zip

installations instructions from the same directory are here
http://updates.irexnet.com/beta/dr80...otes-dr800.txt
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Franky
Nameless Being

Bingo! That's exact what I was looking for. Great stuff. Super. tnx fekhner.
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Franky
Nameless Being

unfortunately did that help. ADE and Calibre are still not willing to accept my reader. Funny enough is that both have a problem as soon as I connect my reader. That tells me that they know there is a device connected, but the can't show it. On my laptop Vista 32bit it is no problem, but on the nw desktop Windows7 64bit it won't work.

I'm open for any idea..