Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
"Due to overwhelming demand, your order may be delayed up to 5 business days..."

Whoa! This is what it's saying on the Kobo site to buy a Vox. These things must be selling well...or is this just a marketing ploy to create hype? I've been so put off by all of the long lines for the iPhones and iPads, that I generally avoid something over-hyped.

I was going to causually saunter to my local Chapters on the weekend and buy one, but now I am thinking I may head to the Chapters by my work to pick one up at lunchtime on Friday.

ACT FAST! SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED!!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, god dammit, I wanted to go buy it saturday. I hope they have at less have demonstration unit...
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I was advised a couple of days ago not to see it being shipped until November, and I ordered it within a day or so of the announcement.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

I called several local stores and they were all very clueless and wishy-washy about how many Voxes they'd be getting in the store on Friday. One of our bigger Chapters said probably about 20 of them, but she wasn't sure. Another person said they were probably just going to get demos, but not have any to sell until Nov. 2nd. All of them said it was best to pre-order on the Kobo website to ensure you can get one before December (since that was the original launch date of the Vox).

I guess because they moved up the date, they produced limited numbers of them.

When I went on the Chapters site to pre-order, the message 'ships in 1-2 weeks' appeared beside the pink and green Vox - and 'pre-order' appeared beside the black and blue Vox. Wierd...wonder if they made more of the black and blue available in the first 'run'?

Seemed to be best to use the Kobo website to order (I am thinking I'll get it the fastest this way), and I was also able to use the coupon. BUT - I am mad because I used the coupon code 'kobovox10' when I ordered, and it said the correct price (applied the coupon fine) on the order summary, but when I got my Kobo invoice via email, the coupon was not there, and I was charged the full price! I sent them an email to ask about it. Did this happen to anyone else?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
I just ordered my Vox yesterday. I wish now I'd ordered the first day. I was really hoping to get it by the end of next week because I am going away. When I ordered the website was saying 2-5 business days. I did order a blue one so maybe I will get it faster. Sounds like the pink and green are back ordered. I went back to check my invoice and my coupon was applied correctly.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

How do you manage to apply the coupons, I've tried many time but it say it's invalid?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Spike, did you buy a Vox--the $10 coupon is only good for the Vox itself.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
My local Chapters said it will be released Nov 2nd. I'd rather buy in-store.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
spikexp
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Spike, did you buy a Vox--the $10 coupon is only good for the Vox itself.
Yes, a jet black one, and I can't put the coupon on it...
Old 10-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graycee View Post
I just ordered my Vox yesterday. I wish now I'd ordered the first day. I was really hoping to get it by the end of next week because I am going away. When I ordered the website was saying 2-5 business days.
2-5 days from yesterday equates to Oct 28 and onward, i.e., the ship date for pre-orders. So it sounds like "pre-order" has now been removed since starting Oct 28 these things will be shipping and if you order now, it'll ship during a regular shipment period (i.e. you're no longer "pre-ordering" as such).
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I checked the North Bay Chapters/Indigo store and they said immediately and clearly that they won't have them in stock for Friday and recommended ordering it online to get one at the earliest possible time.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
How do you manage to apply the coupons, I've tried many time but it say it's invalid?
As far as I can tell, the coupon only works on the Kobo website, not the Chapters/Indigo website.
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
The Chapters website itself is now showing November 2nd...ah well, will test it next week I guess..
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #14
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyJ View Post
As far as I can tell, the coupon only works on the Kobo website, not the Chapters/Indigo website.
This is correct - and it is a Kobo store only coupon / promotion for current Kobo ereader owners, so I am not sure if they have a way to verify that or not.

STILL - my coupon applied correctly, but my invoice that got emailed to me did NOT have the discounted price! GRRRR!

AND - I cannot figure out a way to check my invoice on my account. When I go to 'my purchases' in the Kobo store, it only has my e-book purchases. I emailed Kobo to ask about it...so hopefully they can clear it up before my card is charged...
Old 10-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #15
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
My local Chapters said it will be released Nov 2nd. I'd rather buy in-store.
I'd line up in the early AM if I were you, then. Based on my phone calls and discussions with a couple of managers, the 'big' release is due for December - and November quantities will be limited.

I would also have liked to buy from Chapters, just for ease/speed of returning/exchanging the unit if there's anything wrong with it. I know I can still do this even when purchasing from Kobo directly, but it's just more of a headache because you may get a store manager that will tell you to send it back to Kobo for an exchange. Since I am in BC, that means waiting 2-3 weeks for an exchange.