Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
dp green
dp green began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
[Old Thread] Generate Cover from First Page of PDF File

I am sorry for such a basic question, but I can't resolve this problem. I used to be able to generate the cover from the first page of the pdf file. Calibre now just generates the generic cover. I have gone through all the options, tweaks and plugins without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dp green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp green View Post
I am sorry for such a basic question, but I can't resolve this problem. I used to be able to generate the cover from the first page of the pdf file. Calibre now just generates the generic cover. I have gone through all the options, tweaks and plugins without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If all else fails, screen capture the first page, paste into a new image (in your preferred image program), save and set that as the cover
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
toothpicz
toothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enough

Device: Calibre, FBreader(android)
i'm having the same problem too, and i don't want to go through the trouble of looking it up on the net, saving it to disk and then applying the correct covers for 50+ books.
toothpicz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, pdf