Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Everybody's battery seems to be showing as "full" following the update. Question is, will the meter "fall" again to show the correct setting?
My Reader was showing one bar down when I did the update. Now it shows all full. But in my case, I've had it plugged into the USB for a bit here and there. So I really am not sure if it was up to 3 bars or not. We'll just have to see what happens as it drains.

One way to find out I suppose it to play some mp3 and keep it looping.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #32
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
I tried to upgrade the firmware with Win2000, but even if the SO recognize the reader, the firmware upgrader doesn't, so I had to install connect reader on my laptop with WinXP and upgrade the firmware with no problems.
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #33
MacBeezle
Zealot
MacBeezle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPad, Sony Reader PRS-500U2. Soon: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Glad your Reader is alive again!
Holy s***, yes!
MacBeezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #34
Arek_W
Connoisseur
Arek_W began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, ASUS N636
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Think beyond your personal boundaries and you will come across situations you never could have imagined.
right-O, that's why I bought Reader to read not to play with it.
Arek_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Everybody's battery seems to be showing as "full" following the update. Question is, will the meter "fall" again to show the correct setting?
My issue wasn't that the meter didn't "fall" correctly to show it was draining, (it did) it was that it didn't "rise" when I charged it. So even though the battery was fully charged, the device wouldn't operate because it thought it was drained.

I guess this isn't the classic issue with the battery problem.

Also it occurred to me after posting, that it might have been the fact that the flash update forced a reboot of the reader and that in itself might have fixed the meter, as a reboot is what fixed that exact same problem I had last time.

Time will tell I guess.
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelyne View Post
My issue wasn't that the meter didn't "fall" correctly to show it was draining, (it did) it was that it didn't "rise" when I charged it. So even though the battery was fully charged, the device wouldn't operate because it thought it was drained.

I guess this isn't the classic issue with the battery problem.

Also it occurred to me after posting, that it might have been the fact that the flash update forced a reboot of the reader and that in itself might have fixed the meter, as a reboot is what fixed that exact same problem I had last time.

Time will tell I guess.
The reboot fixing the meter is a very good supposition. I had not thought of that at all.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #37
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:

Before I upgraded to the new firmware revision, my battery meter was at 1 bar. After the reboot, it registered full four bars. This morning it dropped to three bars when I turned it on. I am sure this is a truer reading. I am offering a guess the four bars was from plugging it into the USB for a few minutes just as when you plug in any device (cell phone) you get an initial charge right away.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:35 AM   #38
NetVicious
NetVicious began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
It seems that this firmware fixed the 2GB limit for memorysticks.I'm now transferring 3,5GB worth of lrf's to the stick and see if it works.
Good library, wow!

I bought one sony reader a month ago and now it don't starts, it seems it's calling for this update
NetVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #39
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

What makes me wonder is why would anyone even want 2GB of storage on the device, considering how lacking the file system is. I can just imagine trying to flip through 200+ pages trying to find that one book I want. <boggles>
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One group of people who use SD cards are those who use the Reader for viewing comics, which can be 10s - or even 100s - of MB in size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #41
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelyne View Post
What makes me wonder is why would anyone even want 2GB of storage on the device, considering how lacking the file system is. I can just imagine trying to flip through 200+ pages trying to find that one book I want. <boggles>
Quote:
One group of people who use SD cards are those who use the Reader for viewing comics, which can be 10s - or even 100s - of MB in size.

I'm one of this group. My largest "comic" (manga) is of a series spanning 10 years and totals at 400MBs.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
And another group is one wanting to listen to mp3 on the Sony. So it' makes it easier to just put the music on the SD card and go.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:54 PM   #43
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
My charger was down three bars so last night I put the charger on and left it on overnight....... when I unplugged it and turned it on it read right for the very first time in it's life. Also I did get the software update last week I think it was..... so they finally did fix it and when I came here was happy to see this thread.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:11 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Yes it really does work. And when the battery power drops enough, the bars drop properly as well.