Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
kblechman
kblechman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Moving Calibre in Windows

Due to space considerations, I have to move my entire Calibre PC application from Drive C to D. I have Windows 7. How do I do it without loosing anything.

KSB
kblechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Valentino
Connoisseur
Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: some.
Is it your library that you need to move for space, or you actually don't have room for calibre? calibre has an option to move your library under switch/create library.

If its calibre you should be able to uninstall then reinstall and change the path.
I haven't used calibre in windows I'm not sure if the installer gives you this option, maybe someone else can verify.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I use WinXP and Calibre does let you select your installation path. I'm pretty certain it's through the Advanced button you'll see during the initial part of the installation process and that's where you can select the location you want.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblechman View Post
Due to space considerations, I have to move my entire Calibre PC application from Drive C to D. I have Windows 7. How do I do it without loosing anything.

KSB
Next to the Library Icon, there is an option to Move Library (assumes connected drive )
Click
Point (new location)
Slurp (while you wait )
Enjoy
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote