Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
LUW
Ex-paperboy
LUW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Angry Who the heck is Fernando?!?

I got two kindles today, one for me and one for my dad. I got the first one out of the box, charged it, registered it and d/l some books, everything smooth as silk. So ok, now let me get things rolling for my dad. I charge his unit and when I go to settings to get it's SN, I see "Welcome Fernando", and with two user's guides as archived items . Both units were bought new, directly from Amazon, and I received each of them in a "locked" box, so how come I had to deregister my dad's Kindle?!?

I doubled check and it doesn't have any sign of being previously used, even smells new.
LUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Amazon preregister the Kindle when they ship. You ended up with the wrong one. They've done it before. Nothing to actually worry about though. Deregister any Kindle on your account and just reregister this one to your account.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
LUW
Ex-paperboy

I didn't think there was a problem, because I was able to deregister it on the spot.
But thanks for confirming it's not a case of a refurbished unit.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Hmm, I don't suppose it also said, "You look marvelous!"?
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
LUW
Ex-paperboy

If it did, I wouldn't be upset .
Advert