Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 04-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
Converting RB to IMP format

Anyone knows how to convert RB files into IMP? I thought I read somewhere that if you just change the extension of the RB file into IMP and then upload it on the eb-1150 the device will recognize it. Can anyone confirm? If I try it, is there any risk of damaging the firmware of the device?
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik
Anyone knows how to convert RB files into IMP? I thought I read somewhere that if you just change the extension of the RB file into IMP and then upload it on the eb-1150 the device will recognize it. Can anyone confirm? If I try it, is there any risk of damaging the firmware of the device?
The two formats are completely different. If you do upload to the ebookwise content server, then it will automatically perform the conversion. GEBLibrarian also does the conversion automatically. If you want full control over the layout, then you can use rbburst from the rbmake project to extract the HTML pages and then convert them to the IMP format.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
sofbal14
sofbal14 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Can someone please explain this whole process to me? I am new to the ebookwise and I was wondering if I can buy books in other formats ~ convert them to imp files for my ebook wise ~ and then upload them to my ebook reader.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.
sofbal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofbal14 View Post
Can someone please explain this whole process to me? I am new to the ebookwise and I was wondering if I can buy books in other formats ~ convert them to imp files for my ebook wise ~ and then upload them to my ebook reader.

Thanks so much for your help in advance.
I would suggest you start with our wiki IMP_software. How you convert depends a great deal on what format you start with. There are wiki articles on the two most important IMP publishing tools, GEB Librarian which is available from eBookwise under the name eBookwise Librarian and the second is eBook Publisher which is a free download which includes a good RB to IMP converter and a publisher application that can make very professional IMP files from HTML sources.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote