Notices

Old 09-28-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
energy sistem, pro+ eReader Pro+ v2 and annotations

Dear forum members, ,

I am using a Pro+, updated to 2.0.0B. I FBreader set as default, but the Adobe default reader has got similar issues. So some seem connected to the Reader app, others to the Energy Sistem firmware.

There are some bugs that make it difficult to use the NOTES option.

I suspect that some options aren't available at al (as editing a note). Other malfunctions are clearly a bug (browsing notes / adjusting selection).
In the past I used to read with a Sony prst-1 and 2 where this function was working well and useful.

1. SELECTING TEXT whilst reading:

1.1. Selecting a single word: selecting one word works by holding your finger on it.

PROBLEM: it is not possible to select only a part of a word using the little pointers. The selection disappears. (Sometimes the dictionary does not recognise the full word, but would recognise the first part). At the moment reading Catch 22, believe me, a non English native has a lot of dictionary work.

1.2. Selecting text: possible by holding finger on the first word, then gently selecting till the last word.
PROBLEM: It is not possible to adjust the selection using the little pointers. (The selection disappears the moment one has trying to adjust.)

> Once text is selected one has 4 options: copy the text, taking a note, "highlight" (digest?) the text and dictionary.

2. Taking Notes / highlighting:

2.1. Taking a note is possible. Editing an existing note is NOT possible.

QUESTION1: how to EDIT an existing note?

2.2 Highlighting text,
Works fine.
Suggestion for next Firmware release: make the "highlighted" background less grey.

2.3 Highlighting en Notes
QUESTION: How to export highlighted text and notes?

2.4 BUG: browsing trough you notes is very difficult as the page turn function does not work! Scrolling is impossible. Browsing trough the bookmarks (anohter tab in the same screen) on the other hand works fine with the page buttons.

Thanks.

PS: I will collect tips and tricks and ad them to the Wiki: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ener...ouble_shooting

Last edited by Kunvp; 09-28-2015 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typo's
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
energy sistem, ereader pro+, pro+