Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #76
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I had planned to drive down on Saturday morning and back home to Dallas on Sunday. BUT! Now I'm scheduled to fly to Pennsylvania on Sunday for a meeting on Monday morning. So now I'm trying to figure out if I can fly from Houston? (I know I can book the flights, but hubby might not want to drive home without me.) Will have to let you know after I've sorted this out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #77
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Houston Meet-up: One Week From Today!

Houston, we're just one week from our MobileRead Meet-up! Anyone and everyone is welcome to come and join us.

I think there are at least half a dozen or more who have indicated they're planning to come including NatCh (from the Republic of Texas Embassy in Tennessee), Ralph Sir Edward (with his brother), Ricky Maveety, Elsi, Amalthia, and yours truly (Arf! - I don't bark, I promise you). And I'm sure Zelda will be there in spirit and probably others, too. And perhaps virtually. I'll have my laptop with me so we can post or chat in real time while sipping iced tea on the veranda.

So put it on your calendar now: the afternoon and evening (centered around 5:00 pm) on Saturday, October 4 at the Panera Bread in The Woodlands (1201 Lake Woodlands Dr. which is here: http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=30....dlands%2C%20tx). Bring your mobile reading devices if you have them and your curiosity if you don't. We should have a great time!

P.S. - Ike? Take a hike! Yes, there's been some hurricane damage and power outages but they won't affect our Meet-up. The Panera Bread is open and ready to serve us, the roads are clear, and there's power. If you're concerned, don't be. But if you'd like to make a contribution to the American Red Cross Disaster Fund, that would be most helpful and terribly nice of you.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #78
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I will be bringing the following hardware -

1 CYBook Gen1 (original CYBook)

1 CYBook Gen 3 (still running the 538 software build)

1 Original EEE PC.

all three chargers.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #79
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I had planned to drive down on Saturday morning and back home to Dallas on Sunday. BUT! Now I'm scheduled to fly to Pennsylvania on Sunday for a meeting on Monday morning. So now I'm trying to figure out if I can fly from Houston? (I know I can book the flights, but hubby might not want to drive home without me.) Will have to let you know after I've sorted this out.
Elsi, would you want to ride down with Me and My brother, and catch a flight back Sunday morning? You had orginally planned to split a room with Ricky M.
Or you could ride back with us, we're day tripping. We're based out of East Plano, Just off I-75 (Central).

(Merely Texas Hospitality...)
Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #80
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i've put a little reminder on the front page for y'all. and i confirm, i'll be there in spirit. i wish i could be there in the flesh !! don't be stingy with the details, afterwards !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #81
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Elsi, would you want to ride down with Me and My brother, and catch a flight back Sunday morning? You had orginally planned to split a room with Ricky M.
Or you could ride back with us, we're day tripping. We're based out of East Plano, Just off I-75 (Central).

(Merely Texas Hospitality...)
Oooh! May I? What's your itinerary? If I could ride down with you and then spend the night, a taxi or friendly person could get me to the airport to fly to Philly. I sent phone numbers in a PM. If you have room for me, a suitcase, and a backpack, I'd love to ride down with you.

Ricky? You still interested in sharing a hotel room in Houston?

Note: I broke my ankle 3 weeks ago & am not driving, so the only way I could see to get to Houston was to convince hubby to drive me down. And that created all the complications when I got booked to be in Philly on Monday. But this looks like an excellent solution -- and I can get some reading done in the car on the way down!!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #82
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oooh! May I? What's your itinerary? If I could ride down with you and then spend the night, a taxi or friendly person could get me to the airport to fly to Philly. I sent phone numbers in a PM. If you have room for me, a suitcase, and a backpack, I'd love to ride down with you.

Note: I broke my ankle 3 weeks ago & am not driving, so the only way I could see to get to Houston was to convince hubby to drive me down. And that created all the complications when I got booked to be in Philly on Monday. But this looks like an excellent solution -- and I can get some reading done in the car on the way down!!
Make your plans and consider it done....RSE

Last edited by Greg Anos; 09-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #83
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Make your plans and consider it done....RSE
I'm not sure about the cynic part, RSE, but you're a true gentleman. Good on ya!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #84
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm not sure about the cynic part, RSE, but you're a true gentleman. Good on ya!
yep, that's why he's been knighted, and his new name is Sir Ralph Sir Edward.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #85
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Yes ... do you want me to book the room?? It's no problem. I can drive you from the meet to the airport the next day before I drive back too.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 PM   #86
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Elsi ... for some reason I can't edit posts on my phone.

I meant that I could get you from the meet up to the hotel and take you from the hotel to the airport the next morning.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #87
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
See? This is the sort of kind and helpful attitude that totally freaks Northerners out when they come to the South.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #88
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
See? This is the sort of kind and helpful attitude that totally freaks Northerners out when they come to the South.
well can you blame them ?

(to be fair, i would like to add than on my occasional visits to New York City, whose citizens' reputation for egotism and callous unconcern for the plight of their fellow human being precedes them, i was treated in an astoundingly good-hearted, helpful and kind way by many a stranger, and overall my experiences there (including in the various boroughs not enjoying very good reputations themselves) were overwhelmingly, almost unnaturally, positive.)
Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #89
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
VR, I need to search for a pinwheel for the meeting. Might as well show the flag...
Old 09-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #90
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Houston, this is S-RSE calling. Would anybody be interested in fancy leather bound P-book (Easton Press) door prizes? I can contribute a few....