Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
Personal screensavers

I'm just curious of how many Kindle users have loaded their own screen saver image. I love the artwork that came with "my precious" but I am planning on being artsy and producing my own gray scale.

Anyone doing this and wish to share ideas?
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I've used some photos I've taken as well as some wallpapers I like for my screen savers. On each image I used some image editing software to add my name, email address and cell phone number, should my Kindle walk away or be lost.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
It works great if you take heed of the formatting tips. Remember, however, your new ones are not added to the ones that come with Kindle - it's an either or situation.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I wonder if they survive an Amazon Kindle software update
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I wonder if they survive an Amazon Kindle software update
Your own images do. I upgraded to 1.0.4 and they were still there. I understand that there are new images with the upgrade that I have never seen.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
It looks better on a Kindle. It is an orange DayLilly from our front yard. I'll find a more appropriate artsy image eventually, but I like this one for now.

bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Pretty.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I love to see the different screensavers people have download, but I also love the ones that came with the kindle. Makes me feel all 'read-y' (new word)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I have pictures of my grandchildren and wife on my screensavers.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
I'm just curious of how many Kindle users have loaded their own screen saver image. I love the artwork that came with "my precious" but I am planning on being artsy and producing my own gray scale.

Anyone doing this and wish to share ideas?
I created a bookplate with my name, address and phone number on it ... just in case my precious Kindle is ever lost. I posted it along with some others as free screensavers in another thread. (Without my name, address, and phone number on it, of course.)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
My wife (It's her Kindle!) is a digital artist and I have been thinking about processing some images to load on hers. The only downside is that one would temporarily lose the standard images, which we have not tired of yet (I know they can be restored). It would be nice if one could create individual "book covers" for individual ebooks that would come up each time you selected that book.

I have been reading through Manuel Burgos' "Graphics on the Kindle" and following this thread so we'll see.

Perhaps I'll have my own Kindle soon to experiment on. (or before).
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cush View Post
My wife (It's her Kindle!) is a digital artist and I have been thinking about processing some images to load on hers. The only downside is that one would temporarily lose the standard images, which we have not tired of yet (I know they can be restored). It would be nice if one could create individual "book covers" for individual ebooks that would come up each time you selected that book.

I have been reading through Manuel Burgos' "Graphics on the Kindle" and following this thread so we'll see.

Perhaps I'll have my own Kindle soon to experiment on. (or before).
I believe that the GUI version of mobi2mobi will handle that task nicely, allowing you to insert a graphic as the first page. Maybe some others more familiar with the mobiperl tools can attest to that.

cheers
Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #13
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Thanks for the info, Leep. Will mobi2mobi run on a Macintosh?
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
Leep
Guru

Oops! You're not talking to a Mac person.

I do remember seeing threads about Mac and mobiperl tools by woofb, you can search his threads. And of course you might try to contact tompe who is the guru of the mobiperl tools. I seem to remember that maybe it works.

cheers
Old 07-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #15
EAC050766
EAC050766 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pictures on Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I have pictures of my grandchildren and wife on my screensavers.
Hi, I was wondering if you can tell me how to download family pictures to my Kindle.
EAC050766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!