Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Stupid Question But - Gstreamer. Any thoughts.

Porting some of the more modern elements of gstreamer to kindle. including 3 models.

I believe the support is there for multi-element streams.

Discuss?.

Stupid Folly or Noble cause.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Porting some of the more modern elements of gstreamer to kindle. including 3 models.

I believe the support is there for multi-element streams.

Discuss?.

Stupid Folly or Noble cause.
The best stuff earns both titles, depending on who you ask (noble and stupid).

Ehhh is using gstreamer for interleaved video and audio in his video player, but his audio is a little choppy. His video is a bit choppy too even after he added dithered video as I suggested. I have not gotten around to porting my faster dithering to a plug-in for his player as he requested. I suppose I should do that one of these days.

I would have gotten a LOT more done if I had not written so many posts here, but instead spent that time developing code. It is nice that others are providing so much help here too, so I can take some time off to write some code.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well Ive played with that now and given the state of the code being unreleased and sketchy on the license I don't know if I can use if for any sort of reference. it wont even run on mine.

handy to have the plugins - perhaps I can make use of the fact they can be complied and just take heart in that see how I go. my SB2 is being naughty ATM
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
well Ive played with that now and given the state of the code being unreleased and sketchy on the license I don't know if I can use if for any sort of reference. it wont even run on mine.

handy to have the plugins - perhaps I can make use of the fact they can be complied and just take heart in that see how I go. my SB2 is being naughty ATM
As you can see, Ehhh published his video player before I published mine, but because he did not fully open his code (after he converted to dithered black and white as I suggested to get rid of his flashing updates), I cleaned up my "unfinished" video code to a state that I could publish it, and started my own thread with fully open code. As you can see, for tutorial and demo code, I like to make it as simple as possible (little or no error handling) and minimal white space (so I can see more code "above the fold" with no scrolling). My code keeps improving as I enhance my dithering algorithm. I now have unfinished 4-pixel parallel processing...

Ehhh did ask me to turn my dither code into a plug-in for him, but I have not "got 'round to it".

P.S. One of my key contributions to kindle eink graphics was figuring out how to write native code that works on all eink kindle models. I think that Ehhh's video still works only on the K5.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-02-2012 at 10:52 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
twobob

noted. filed under. "Ancient history"

I'm looking at instancing the underlying alsa layer by hand now.
Advert

Tags
concepts, gstreamer, kindle, port