Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
DuckFOO
Enthusiast
DuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: None
Image Viewer?

Does the Fire have an integrated image viewer? I have seen it mentioned once or twice but I haven't seen anyone comment on its operation or even a picture of what the UI looks like.
DuckFOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Yes. The Fire comes with a Gallery app that is a photo viewer and video player as well (presumably for home movies, but also for anything in the right format that you've ripped or downloaded from somewhere else).

The Gallery app is actually pretty good - nice transitions, good slideshow, etc. Probably the most polished part of the Fire.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I LOVE the gallery app! It is really, really polished. Really reminds me of the iPad photo library actually.

Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I never cared for it on my phone and don't like it now either.
Quickpic is my preferred gallery app. it sounds like a lotto thing but it's not it's a great little app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
How do you get the pictures to show full screen? I would like to do a slideshow full screen, but can't figure out how to do it with the Gallery app.
Probably something simple I've overlooked.
Can someone clue me in, please?
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Enlarge picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
How do you get the pictures to show full screen? I would like to do a slideshow full screen, but can't figure out how to do it with the Gallery app.
Probably something simple I've overlooked.
Can someone clue me in, please?
Touch the picture. A magnifying glass appears in the lower right. Touch that and you are at full screen.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Ahh, this was the thread where Quickpic was mentioned. Thank you for that, Blossom. Was easy to side load the apk too, can't believe it's not featured on Amazon.

Just the fact that the built in Gallery app doesn't animate gifs was a no-go for me. I guess most users are just viewing regular photos but I've downloaded and made tons of gifs over the years dating back to old Jasc animation shop all the way to CS5 now. They work perfectly in Quickpic but show as still images in the default Gallery app.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
Ahh, this was the thread where Quickpic was mentioned. Thank you for that, Blossom. Was easy to side load the apk too, can't believe it's not featured on Amazon.

Just the fact that the built in Gallery app doesn't animate gifs was a no-go for me. I guess most users are just viewing regular photos but I've downloaded and made tons of gifs over the years dating back to old Jasc animation shop all the way to CS5 now. They work perfectly in Quickpic but show as still images in the default Gallery app.
Unfortunately Vista's Image Previewer has the same problem. I use to make name tag Gifs using PSP7 and JAS 3. Paint Shop Pro 7 will always be the best IMO. I still use it everyday.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:53 AM   #9
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Unfortunately Vista's Image Previewer has the same problem. I use to make name tag Gifs using PSP7 and JAS 3. Paint Shop Pro 7 will always be the best IMO. I still use it everyday.
And I thought I was the only one still using Paint Shop Pro 7. After Opera browser, it's the first thing I install on a new computer.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #10
Hope
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Touch the picture. A magnifying glass appears in the lower right. Touch that and you are at full screen.
Yes, but what I would like is a slideshow in fullscreen so I can place the KF on a support and show a looping fullscreen slideshow on my desk. How do I do that??
Slideshow reverts to smaller picture and pictures do not fill the screen.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
And I thought I was the only one still using Paint Shop Pro 7. After Opera browser, it's the first thing I install on a new computer.
It one of the programs that goes on my PC after it's reformatted. That and Photoshop CS3 before they totally made the program a resource hog. PSP7 is the only Vista compatible Jasc PSP. I never upgraded past 9. I don't like what Corel did to the program.

Quote:
Yes, but what I would like is a slideshow in fullscreen so I can place the KF on a support and show a looping fullscreen slideshow on my desk. How do I do that??
Slideshow reverts to smaller picture and pictures do not fill the screen.
I think QuickPic can do that if not I am sure there are other apps out there made just for this.