Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Baum, L. Frank Oz Omnibus Epub v1.1 23 June 2009

This omnibus contains all 14 Oz novels by Mr. Baum as well as a short story collection. It is quite an enjoyable read.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Frank, Baum, L. - L.Frank Baum Oz Omnibus.epub (1.97 MB, 3388 views)

Last edited by Nate the great; 06-24-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
seanbob
Enthusiast
seanbob is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Very cool! Thanks for your work on this!
seanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Very cool, does this have the illustrations in it? And if not, do you know where I could find the illustrations and add them?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
fewilcox
fewilcox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
There is an issue with Ozma of Oz in Chapter 4, "Tiktok the Machine Man": the two sections that detail the contents of Tiktok's instructions are each a single non-breaking line that is roughly three times the size of the page when viewed in Calibre's E-book Viewer. It comes out so wide on my PRS-505 that I thought the text was missing until I viewed it in Calibre.

Here are the two sections:
Quote:
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+ | | | SMITH & TINKER'S | | Patent Double-Action, Extra-Responsive, | | Thought-Creating, Perfect-Talking | | MECHANICAL MAN | | Fitted with our Special Clock-Work Attachment. | | Thinks, Speaks, Acts, and Does Everything but Live. | | Manufactured only at our Works at Evna, Land of Ev. | | All infringements will be promptly Prosecuted according to Law. | | | +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
Quote:
+--------------------------------------------------+ | | | DIRECTIONS FOR USING: | | For THINKING:--Wind the Clock-work Man under his | | left arm, (marked No. 1.) | | For SPEAKING:--Wind the Clock-work Man under his | | right arm, (marked No. 2.) | | For WALKING and ACTION:--Wind Clock-work in the | | middle of his back, (marked No. 3.) | | N. B.--This Mechanism is guaranteed to work | | perfectly for a thousand years. | | | +--------------------------------------------------+
With any luck, I'll be picking up a copy of Ozma of Oz from the library tomorrow afternoon and can see how it's supposed to be formatted but I presume that they're supposed to look like cards.

It's quite easy in a forum, but I have no idea how to force this in an epub:
Code:
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                 |
|                         SMITH & TINKER'S                        |
|             Patent Double-Action, Extra-Responsive,             |
|                Thought-Creating, Perfect-Talking                |
|                         MECHANICAL MAN                          |
|          Fitted with our Special Clock-Work Attachment.         |
|       Thinks, Speaks, Acts, and Does Everything but Live.       |
|       Manufactured only at our Works at Evna, Land of Ev.       |
| All infringements will be promptly Prosecuted according to Law. |
-------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Very cool, does this have the illustrations in it? And if not, do you know where I could find the illustrations and add them?
No it doesn't but I too would like to see them.

Last edited by fewilcox; 04-13-2011 at 12:26 AM.
fewilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
fewilcox

I also discovered a typo in a chapter title in The Marvelous Land of Oz: "The Scarecrow Appeals to Glenda the Good". The correct spelling, used in the rest of the chapter and indeed everywhere else so far (I was stumped when I got to the problem I posted above), is "Glinda".
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #6
fewilcox

I found quite a few more errors and have started making corrections. I also figured out how to add Tiktok's card text as cards (though I'm still guessing on the formatting of the second care) but they still display wider than the screen on my 505 regardless of zoom setting. Any advice?

Last edited by fewilcox; 04-13-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Does your ebook reader have a landscape setting? I know Kindle has both portrait and landscape orientations, but not if other ereaders have both. The only other option I could see would be to somehow reformat them by trial and error til they appear properly within the screen width.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:56 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewilcox View Post
It's quite easy in a forum, but I have no idea how to force this in an epub:
Code:
|                         SMITH & TINKER'S                        |
|             Patent Double-Action, Extra-Responsive,             |
|                Thought-Creating, Perfect-Talking                |
|                         MECHANICAL MAN                          |
|          Fitted with our Special Clock-Work Attachment.         |
|       Thinks, Speaks, Acts, and Does Everything but Live.       |
|       Manufactured only at our Works at Evna, Land of Ev.       |
| All infringements will be promptly Prosecuted according to Law. |
It should be easy in an ePUB too, just put the text in a <div> with border.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
There is an issue with Ozma of Oz in Chapter 4, "Tiktok the Machine Man": the two sections that detail the contents of Tiktok's instructions are each a single non-breaking line that is roughly three times the size of the page when viewed in Calibre's E-book Viewer. It comes out so wide on my PRS-505 that I thought the text was missing until I viewed it in Calibre.

Here are the two sections:
Sorry it took me a while to get back to this.

I was looking for the source files to see if i still have the original; I don't.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I found quite a few more errors and have started making corrections. I also figured out how to add Tiktok's card text as cards (though I'm still guessing on the formatting of the second care) but they still display wider than the screen on my 505 regardless of zoom setting. Any advice?
Please post the corrected book here, if Nate can't do it himself.

Regarding the formatting, you can post what you have so far in our Workshop forum.

I was going to have a try, but I don't feel like digging into all the calibre-digested classes...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
So cool-I have to read this!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is also an error at the end of "Ozma of Oz".

File L.Frank_Baum_Oz_Omnibus_split_80.html contains raw text of the Gutenberg book ending.

Quote:
End of the Project Gutenberg EBook of Ozma of Oz, by L. Frank Baum *** END OF THIS PROJECT GUTENBERG EBOOK OZMA OF OZ
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote