Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #4891
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Darn! Another one that I already have, since I've been picking them up in series order with my Kobo points. Still, I think I may now pause, and wait and see if some of the ones I still need go on sale in the not-too-distant future. Maybe Felony & Mayhem is going to start having more reasonable sale prices on some of their titles - that would be nice! And as far as still liking the series a second time through, I have, with just the same couple of titles that I wasn't super-fond of in the DTB days, I'm still not super-fond of now .

As far as hoping all of a series gets issued in e-book - I hear you! I am hugely fond of Marvin Albert's long-out-of-print Stone Angel series, whose rights were eventually picked up by Wildside Press. Wildside Press put out the first seven of nine fairly promptly between mid-2015 and early 2017, and then went silent on the last two. I e-mailed Wildside a few times (also begging), and John Betancourt there always responded politely, and said they were still coming. But it took until 2019 for the eighth one to come out, and I still have my fingers crossed for the ninth and last one. I've actually been thinking about volunteering to help with production, or proof-reading, or anything else that would be helpful !
Quite a lot of Felony & Mayhem titles on sale today. I couldn’t get a definitive list but I searched the Kindle store for Felony & Mayhem and sorted by price. There are a few “sponsored” titles mixed in but most of the first few pages are actual Felony & Mayhem books at 1.99 with a few at 2.99 (and also a few random higher priced ones for some reason, so beware).

Most of them are by Ngaio Marsh but there are also a few by Caroline Graham, Elizabeth Daly, Patricia Moyes (unfortunately, only the two aforementioned ones), S. S. Van Dine, Lucretia Grindle, Zoë Sharp, and L.C. Tyler.

Unfortunately I’m so impatient that I’ve already bought almost all of these at full price (with full price for most of the Marsh books being around eleven dollars for Canadian versions back in 2012 ).

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Felony+%2...16&ref=sr_pg_1
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:49 PM   #4892
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Ooh, cool, thank you!

I was lucky and got almost all of the Inspector Alleyn titles back when Kobo had great coupons, and there were some Alleyn omnibuses available, but I'm happy to see some Elizabeth Daly and Caroline Graham titles available. Maybe F&M really is going to start experimenting with some discount pricing, which would be really nice!

ADD: Also, these seem to be on sale at Kobo US as well, at least the ones I checked, and they are VIP/couponable there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Quite a lot of Felony & Mayhem titles on sale today. I couldn’t get a definitive list but I searched the Kindle store for Felony & Mayhem and sorted by price. There are a few “sponsored” titles mixed in but most of the first few pages are actual Felony & Mayhem books at 1.99 with a few at 2.99 (and also a few random higher priced ones for some reason, so beware).

Most of them are by Ngaio Marsh but there are also a few by Caroline Graham, Elizabeth Daly, Patricia Moyes (unfortunately, only the two aforementioned ones), S. S. Van Dine, Lucretia Grindle, Zoë Sharp, and L.C. Tyler.

Unfortunately I’m so impatient that I’ve already bought almost all of these at full price (with full price for most of the Marsh books being around eleven dollars for Canadian versions back in 2012 ).

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Felony+%2...16&ref=sr_pg_1

Last edited by sufue; 11-27-2020 at 09:53 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:59 AM   #4893
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I am happy to report that I managed to complete the Cadfael series by Ellis Peters today (one book left on Felse). Amazon keeps having random $1.99 and $2.99 on this and Felse series. Check DAILY for this series if you still have books to complete. Kobo sometimes matches, often not.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CF15Y1...eries_rwt_tkin

Today's was Dead Man's Ransom. Not matched on Kobo.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oreType=ebooks
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:22 PM   #4894
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
I'm on my uncooperative tablet so won't try to do links. The six latest Louise Penny mysteries are .99 at Kobo UK and Amazon UK.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #4895
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the link for Kindle UK, at least: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_ac...d_i=3017941031

This is the link to Kindle UK's Today's Big Deal page, so presumably good through the end of the day.

It also includes a number of titles by Frances Evesham, whom I haven't read.

I needed All the Devils Are Here (the latest), so many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I'm on my uncooperative tablet so won't try to do links. The six latest Louise Penny mysteries are .99 at Kobo UK and Amazon UK.

Last edited by sufue; 11-29-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:38 AM   #4896
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
These are at Amazon, Kobo and B&N. Sorry, no links today.

Strangers By Dean Koontz $1.99

Cry Wolf By Tami Hoag $2.99

The Case of the Terrified Typist (Perry Mason) By Erle Stanley Gardner $1.99
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #4897
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Knockdown, by Dick Francis, is free right now at Kindle US. Kind of like the Paul Doherty title from a few days ago (which is still free, BTW), I can't remember seeing a completely free Dick Francis title before. Not saying there might not have been one, but I can't remember any...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q85KKKY

Spoiler:
Quote:
Dick Francis, the bestselling master of mystery and suspense, takes you into the thrilling world of horse racing.
For a generous commission, ex-prizewinning jockey Jonah Dereham reluctantly agrees to bid on a young steeplechaser on behalf of a wealthy American woman. But his life is thrust into danger immediately following the auction, when he receives a blow to the head by two thugs demanding ownership of the horse.

Unfortunately that’s just the beginning. Now Jonah must figure out the high stakes game being played, before he becomes its next casualty.

NOTE: Sorry, I goofed - not free in the UK...

Last edited by sufue; 11-30-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #4898
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The UK link isn't working for me.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #4899
lxpose
Connoisseur
lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lxpose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Of course it's this :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Knock-Down-...dp/B002RI9DO2/

But it's not free
lxpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:06 PM   #4900
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Ooops, sorry, I forgot to change .com to .co.uk

And as @lxpose mentions, it's not free in the UK. My apologies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

Last edited by sufue; 11-30-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:13 PM   #4901
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Another Patricia Moyes title for $1.99 at both Kindle and Kobo US, and coupon/VIPable at Kobo US. Finally, one I didn't already have!

Murder Fantastical is the seventh in the series. I love the Manciples...

No idea how F&M Press is picking the ones they put on sale, but I hope they keep doing it!

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHXWSVC
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DHXWSVC
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/murder-fantastical-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
An Inspector Tibbetts mystery “which only serves to prove how ingeniously well Patricia Moyes is keeping up her variations on the classical whodunit” (The Sun).

Think the Country-House Murder is a relic of the 1930s? Think again, and say hello to the Manciples, exactly the kind of eccentric family you’d like to see lording it over your little English village. Sadly, the Manciples’ day as lords of the manor may be winding down: A certain Mr. Mason—a local bookie who appears to have made some very good bets—wants to buy the Manciple estate, and he won’t take no for an answer, despite their lack of interest in selling. So it’s a matter of some suspicion when Mason is found in the Manciples’ driveway with a bullet in his head.

Like all the best small-town coppers everywhere, the village bobby is befuddled, calls on Scotland Yard, and is (mostly) gratified to be gifted with Inspector Henry Tibbett. Henry, though, is a little less than delighted to find himself saddled with a case that opens with an old man solemnly intoning “bang-bang,” goes on to the mysteries of the Bishop of Bugolaland, and finishes with an inquiry into just what the family was up to in Africa, lo these many years ago.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #4902
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Now also free at Kindle UK. Yes, really at Kindle UK. I even checked the link !

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0844P8J1K

Quote:
The Assassin's Riddle is the seventh in the Brother Athelstan series by Paul Doherty. It is free right now at Kindle and Kobo US. I don't think I've ever seen one of Doherty's titles go free, although in the past, there have sometimes been big sales of his books at $0.99/$1.99/£0.99/£1.99 price points. Anyway, here's info:

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0844P8J1K
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0844P8J1K
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...sin-s-riddle-2
Old 12-01-2020, 01:56 AM   #4903
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Now also free at Kindle UK. Yes, really at Kindle UK. I even checked the link !

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0844P8J1K
Thanks! Added to my TBR pile, and the others in the series added to my ereaderiq tracker.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:52 AM   #4904
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Sad Variety is the fifteenth in the Nigel Strangeways series by Nicholas Blake. Lots of titles in this series seem to go on sale in the US pretty often, but this is the first time I've spotted this one on sale.

Per SYKM, Variety was a finalist for a Gold Dagger way back in 1964 when it was written. I've read some other titles in this series and enjoyed them, but haven't read this one (see "first time on sale" above ). It has dropped to $0.99 at Kindle US as a Countdown deal, good for about 6 1/2 more days.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXR94DB
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TXR94DB

Spoiler:
Quote:
The temperature is dropping, the wind is rising: something sinister is on its way to Smugglers’ Cottage.

Ten guests huddle together in a guest house for their Christmas holidays in the south of England. Among them is Private Investigator Nigel Strangeways, sent by the British security department to keep a close eye on Professor Alfred Wragby – a scientist who has made a recent discovery that could turn the tide of the Cold War. But Wragby isn’t the only one Nigel should be watching…

When Wragby’s eight-year-old daughter is kidnapped and his formula demanded in exchange, Nigel finds himself in a race against the clock to save more than just the young girl’s life. And with an accomplice lurking in their number, Nigel must expose the mole before the situation turns deadly.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #4905
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A few random price drops at Kindle US, some matched at Kobo US. These may be part of the new monthly sale, although I am slammed at work and haven't had a chance to check it out. A couple of these are repeats on sale, but from a year or more ago, so I figure they are worth a re-post now.

A Banquet of Consequences, Inspector Lynley #19, by Elizabeth George, $1.99
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9B7CGE
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00L9B7CGE
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/a-b...f-consequences

A Terrible Beauty, Lady Emily #11, by Tasha Alexander, $2.99
links and info in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3743101

Looking to the Woods, Paris Homicide #4, by Frédérique Molay, $0.99
links and info in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3805757