Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2020, 09:18 PM   #1
Dick Lowman
Dick Lowman began at the beginning.

Device: none
question on highlighting

I am new to Calibre and new to this forum. I am researching articles and so far Calibre seems to be a great product - wish I had tried it many years ago. One problem I have not been able to overcome relates to highlighting / notes. When highlighting the view panel for the highlights shows only one line of the selected text. When reviewing the notes afterwards it is cumbersome to have to open each line individually. I have found that exporting the highlights does show the full text of each, but that too is so time consuming and cumbersome that it almost negates the advantage of highlighting. Two questions:
1. Is there a way to view the full text of all the highlights within Calibre?
2. If not, is anyone aware of plans to include that feature in new releases of Calibre?
(I'm using version 5.4.2.)
Dick Lowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there are no plans to have a view that shows entire passages of highlighted text for all highlights at once.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, highlighting