Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
Dtw
Dtw began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, Kindle
Trouble with upgrade

Hi all -

I looked at the FAQs but didn't see my issue addressed.

I have a desktop running Windows 7 that hasn't had a Calibre upgrade in a while because I was using my laptop.

The desktop is currently running Calibre Version 0.9.8, and I want to upgrade to 2.40.0.

Problem is it downloads to my machine but when I hit "run" it disappears and doesn't execute.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Dtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtw View Post
Hi all -

I looked at the FAQs but didn't see my issue addressed.

I have a desktop running Windows 7 that hasn't had a Calibre upgrade in a while because I was using my laptop.

The desktop is currently running Calibre Version 0.9.8, and I want to upgrade to 2.40.0.

Problem is it downloads to my machine but when I hit "run" it disappears and doesn't execute.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
You might try uninstalling the installed version. That leave the Library and settings behind.

You did use the official site

If you downloaded the 64 bit version... does you system have a 64 bit CPU

You could try one of the secondary links below the normal one They exist because some ISP cache a file (and it was corrupt)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Dtw

Thanks -

It's 64 bit.

I tried both the alternate downloads, and uninstalled the current version.
It's still not loading when I execute "run".
Old 10-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Turn off your A/V. That could be getting in the way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #5
Dtw

Wasn't an AV issue, seems I didn't have the correct installer.

Thanks for the help!
Advert