Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 07-17-2021, 02:15 AM   #1
thaiphd
thaiphd began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 4 HD && Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Tolino Vision 4 HD adding books issue

Hi everyone,

So I was trying to send several (7) books from Calibre to my Tolino (firmware 14.1.0) and apparently Tolino only look for books on the folder Books (not recursively). Little bit weird but that's ok, just have to change a setting in Calibre.
Calibre sends successfully. But when I eject the Tolino, it shows that it's adding 7 books and take a really long time but the progress bar still stuck. So I restart it and still no books was added.

How do you usually transfer books to your Tolino?
thaiphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #2
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiphd View Post
Hi everyone,

How do you usually transfer books to your Tolino?
I am doing it the same way as you do with my Vision 5 without any problems.
Are the book files still there when you plug in the Tolino again into the computer?

You could transfer your books from your PC to the Tolino Cloud and from there to your Vision 4.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:20 AM   #3
thaiphd
thaiphd began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 4 HD && Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
I am doing it the same way as you do with my Vision 5 without any problems.
Are the book files still there when you plug in the Tolino again into the computer?

You could transfer your books from your PC to the Tolino Cloud and from there to your Vision 4.
Thank you.
After several reboots, it accepts the books now.
Really weird because when it didn't accept books in library, I plugged it back into computer, checked and saw that those books were transferred successfully into the correct folder.
After a few days reading using the stock reader app, I think I really like the yellowish color of the backlight (compared to the orange of Kobo). Some of the books I have in epub format could be displayed not as good compared to Koreader on Kobo but in general it was a nice reading experience.
thaiphd is offline   Reply With Quote