Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #16
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Thank you, ghostyjack, I'm quite enjoying this ebook as my lead-up to Halloween.

Is there a specific pattern behind the ordering of stories that you've chosen? It certainly isn't chronological or alphabetical...
colinsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #17
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Thanks colinsky.

Order? Nope, it's just a collection of stories. I was planning on putting some form of order to them but I couldn't agree on what was best so just left them in a fairly random order.

I looked at alphabetical but threw that out immediately. I'm considering ordering by publication date but I'd also like to get the Cthulhu Mythos stories groups better, at present I'm not certain on the best strategy.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You could use something like what I used in the Conan stories. The physical order is by publication date, but I also included a "chronological" (in story time) order, by providing a link at the end of each story to the next one. That way one could either page forward to the next one by publication date or follow the link to the next one by chronological order.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #19
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting idea Jellby, I like it. I'll have a bit of a play with it and see what I can come up with. If I can get the Cthulhu Mythos stories sorted then that would be fantastic.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #20
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Woohoo! A nice epub ! Thank you very much! =D
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #21
eyrie0
eyrie0 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch
Thanks, this is awesome!
eyrie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #22
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok If I may bring in information that may be of help, it seems to me that there are a few missing works of Lovecraft in this collection. Here is the list:

- Imprisoned with the Pharaohs (1924)
- In the walls of Eryx (1935)
- The Beast in the Cave
- The alchemist
- Poetry and the Gods
- Through the Gates of the Silver Key

Hoping that these will be included eventually in this very nice collection
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #23
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I remember correctly, "The Alchemist" is in the Juvenilia...
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
ghostyjack
Guru

If I remember correctly, I've got all of those stories in either the Juvenilia or the Colaborations books.

Check them out if you haven't yet read them.

Thanks for the complement on my collection.

I'm currently going through a re-write of them to try and correct some of the formatting and apply corrections that Jelby found. This is taking quite some time as have been very busy with work but hope to get them out soon.

In the mean time, I hope you and everyone else enjoy my books, I plan on getting a few more out soon. Looking at a few 19th century fantasy writers to do.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 05-22-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok it seems that most of the stuff on my list is indeed in other collections available here. I should have checked earlier before stirring up the thread hehe sorry.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #26
ghostyjack
Guru

No worries, it was actually good as it reminded me that I hadn't finished the books yet and to get on and get them done.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #27
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Mr. Lovecraft certainly did have a unique imagination. I don't think we shall see his like again soon, if ever.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This cannot be called a complete collection as there is one book he collaberated on which is not able to be put in this collection. So minus one work, it's incomplete.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 AM   #29
ghostyjack
Guru

Shall I then rename this the "Almost-Complete Collection" then? Hmm, that sounds a bit awkward. Nope, I'll stick with the "Complete Collection".

Just to clarify this, I have stated in the book it is a complete collection of public-domain work. So hopefully I've got all of those then.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #30
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Maybe you can add a placeholder for still-under-copyright works. I did something like that in the Conan collection...