Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #31
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1

Some portuguese music then... hope you like
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #32
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
She could be singing about rotting fish but the voice is so beautiful who would care.

All in all, I'm not only hearing exceptional music, but listening to the entire songs.

Thank to all of you.

Last edited by SameOldStory; 11-28-2010 at 08:18 PM.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #33
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
Some portuguese music then... hope you like
If we are going Portuguese this is one of my favorite Brazilian songs. The lyrics start with:

I live!
in a tropical country
blessed by God
It's pretty by nature

In February
It has carnival
I've a VW Beetle and a guitar
I'm Flamengo [i.e. from Rio de Janeiro],
I've a girlfriend named Thereza

Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #34
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing against lisbon, but i think my hometown (Porto) is the prettiest place in Portugal:

Old 11-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #35
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Last edited by Salgueiros; 11-29-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #36
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
She could be singing about rotting fish but the voice is so beautiful who would care.
I would eat so much more fish if the lady that sells fish in the market could sing like that

Last edited by Salgueiros; 11-29-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #37
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
If we are going Portuguese this is one of my favorite Brazilian songs..:
Brazil is an endless source of awesome music. like this one.

There is a version with lyrics, but for some reason i think without lyrics, it is more dreamy....

PS: Does your username has anything to do with Radamel Falcao?

Last edited by Salgueiros; 11-29-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #38
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Folks - to embed the YouTube video in your post - just copy the alphanumeric gobbledygook after the "v=" and put the YouTube tabs around it.

Just view a post using Quote to see how it's done!
Got it! Thank you... and thanks for editing my first few posts here.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #39
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
While I wait for my Belgian friend I put this up
Thanks Beppe

But Jacques Brel is from the French speaking part of Belgium, while I'm Flemish-speaking. So although he is one of the most celebrated Belgian musicians (he even came close to being elected as the Greatest Belgian a couple of years ago), he doesn't sing in my language

When I think about Flemish music, what comes to mind are children's songs (we have talking dogs, pirates, gnomes, childish women (K3), ...) and what I call hoompapa music. Like this:

But there are some Flemish songs, old(er) and new, that I like.

Ann Christy singing 'Dag vreemde man' (goodbye stranger). She died of cancer in 1984 when she was only 38 years old. My parents introduced me to her music.

Radiostation Studio Brussel asks it's listeners to vote for the best song of all time every year. This song has been number 1 for as long as I can remember.
Gorky - Mia

Noordkaap - Satelliet Suzy

And then there's this amazing choir, called Scala. They don't sing in Flemish but I thought I'd include them because they kick ass !

Oops, forgot Louis Neefs, who made a song about protecting the environment in 1970 ! It's called 'Laat ons een bloem'.

Last edited by Iridal; 11-29-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 AM   #40
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
For Christmas - Glædelig jul

Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #41
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
For Christmas - Glædelig jul

That first one nearly had me in tears... I used to sing in choirs, and I especially loved the Christmas ones..

Glædelig Jul og Godt Nyår....
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:39 AM   #42
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I have to post this one:

And, since you keep going on about lovely voices, these two ladies must of course be mentioned:

Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #43
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Oh, and I almost forgot this:
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #44
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Not my language but a favourite:
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #45
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
Brazil is an endless source of awesome music. like this one.

There is a version with lyrics, but for some reason i think without lyrics, it is more dreamy....

PS: Does your username has anything to do with Radamel Falcao?
Thanks for sharing Saguieros; got almost an heart-ache listening to that music. It speaks to me of far away things and emotions; unreachable and painfully beautiful.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote