Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
anishd19
anishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-t1
Lightbulb SONY PRS T1:Regarding metadata overriding by the buggy os

I lose my collections(tags) whenever the reader decides to scan the library to create a new database..

so is it possible to include an option in calibre to append the book name with the tags while uploading the books to device?

for example:

suppose the book name is "book" and it's tags are "novels" "horror",
then calibre would rename it as "book : novels , horror" while uploading it to the device without any alteration in the calibre library itself (when the option is activated)..

this way I'll be able to access the tags(even when the "collections" in device fails) by a simple search in the books section.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by anishd19; 12-26-2011 at 01:25 PM.
anishd19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
If the T1 is rescanning your books, then if you use the plugboards to change the title, it won't do you any good unless the metadata is being put into the epub itself during the copy. But plugboards would be the way to do this (by setting the file name/path or the title).

But even if the T1 is rescanning the books, it shouldn't remove them from collections. It should only be removing them from collections if the file path is different than what is in the database. I'd make sure you are on the latest Calibre. If it is reproducing, I'd open up a bug on Calibre an include the following:

- A copy of books.db after copying files to it via Calibre, but before you detach the device from your PC.
- A copy of books.db after the T1 has rescanned and removed books from the collection (but before Calibre does any additional work on it).

This was a known issue with a couple platforms during the beta builds, but I believe it was dealt with unless some new change elsewhere in Calibre has reintroduced it.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
anishd19
anishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-booksanishd19 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I'd make sure you are on the latest Calibre. If it is reproducing, I'd open up a bug on Calibre an include the following:

- A copy of books.db after copying files to it via Calibre, but before you detach the device from your PC.
- A copy of books.db after the T1 has rescanned and removed books from the collection (but before Calibre does any additional work on it).
I use the latest version of calibre.I update to the latest ones as and when the calibre notifies.

1 more info..I have large set of collections about 125 in prs t1 , could this be the reason for collection deletion??

and sorry for the late reply...
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
anishd19

now it generates new covers for the books,making first page as the cover.my library looks so spoiled!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Overall I don't think it is a calibre problem. It happens after Sony rescanned the books which for me has been a bit random.

I have had a PRS - T1 since Christmas. It has randomly rescanned twice without being connected to calibre.

When I connected to calibre (via USB) waited for a while for device to recharge, ejected device etc. Every thing looked good. 10 minutes later collections were there but books not sorted right. 10 minutes later collections gone.

Tried twice more with weird results.

In desperation I turned off computer before unplugging reader and that seemed to work. 3 days later and all is well, but I am sure it will happen again.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corrupt, metadata, override, sony prs t1