Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-29-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
epaper
epaper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Smile Nova Pro ORE Likebook Ares/Muses OR Hisense a5+ Xiaomi Mi Reader

Hi this is my first post.
So basically my budget is around 300$ and am looking for an android eink device to mostly work on - internet browsing, simple graphic work, managing social media, online research.
And also for some leisure activities like chess, duolingo, reddit, youtube etc.
So which one would be best for me-
1. Ares- I like that it has expandable memory and it comes in white, also cheaper. (whats the difference between muses and ares anyways?)
But i think after sale support and software updates are not that great right?

2. Nova Pro - I am leaning the most towards this. I dont think I'll need an expandable memory now but it'd be nice to have so i can just pop in my old card there with all my files and music.
It has audio right? i mean i can play songs there?

3. Hisense a5 + Mi Reader
Only videos of mi Reader ive seen so far show the device in chinese. Can we enable it in English?
The a5 is a solid device and itd be so cool to have an eink phone that i can carry with me anywhere i go
But i dont think i can do much work with this combo.

Thanks in advance.
epaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
I have a Nova Pro and love it for reading ebooks and taking quick notes, but for the things you say you want to do I’m not sure an eink device is the right choice.

That’s because most apps aren’t eink aware, or even look good enough to be more than frustrating. Surfing the web is very poor on eink devices IMO, as are most of the other things you say you want to use it for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
epaper
epaper began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
I have a Nova Pro and love it for reading ebooks and taking quick notes, but for the things you say you want to do I’m not sure an eink device is the right choice.

That’s because most apps aren’t eink aware, or even look good enough to be more than frustrating. Surfing the web is very poor on eink devices IMO, as are most of the other things you say you want to use it for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
thanks for your concern, but am currently using a dasung paperlike 2 to do most of my online work and its good enough for me. And the nova pro is so much better so am sure ill be happy with it. I also use my kindle for fb mostly. I cant stand lcd screens.
epaper is offline   Reply With Quote