Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasyi View Post
Code:
/sdcard/Kobo/epubs
The [k]epubs are unpacked and stored there.
That looks distinctly like a non-Windows path to an SD card. As I haven't put an SD card in my phone yet, it would be an impressive trick for the device to store files on one

I've just had a look with my work Linux machine, but unfortunately, it doesn't have the appropriate libraries installed. I'll sort that out when I have a chance.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:06 AM   #32
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
That is the Android main memory. The SD card you haven't got yet is
/storage/extSdCard.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
That is the Android main memory. The SD card you haven't got yet is
/storage/extSdCard.
I take it that is what Android is seeing the card as. And "/sdcard/Kobo/epubs" is the directory in the main memory from within Android. I am seeing that from a file manager on Android.

And that tells me that it is presenting "/sdcard" to Windows when connected as an MTP device. Or it might be "/storage/emulated/0", but they point to the same thing. But, the Kobo directory is missing. I can't see a reason for this. The permissions appear the same as for the visible directories, so something else is going on.

I don't see anything that might be storing the reading positions.

Edit: The missing directory seems to be a "feature" of Android. Rebooting is now displaying the directory. See https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=38282 for details.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-07-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #34
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does anyone know where the Kobo app stores the books on an Android device? I don't see anything when connected to Windows. I assume it is in some memory that doesn't get presented to Windows, but, I haven't spent much time looking at it.
I feel as if I should really know the answer to this, but I don't, so I shall ask for a definitive answer and if / when I get it, I'll post it up.

One thing to remember is that even if you do pull the files from the directory, then if they were downloaded by the app and they are not DRM free, then the files will not be overly useful on their own, as they are encrypted. I'm not sure if the things out there that can work magic will work on those files.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #35
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
A little update, I received a response to my query:

"they should all be stored in the same folder:
Kobo/epubs
the sideloaded ones have the prefix S"
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 06:28 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
I feel as if I should really know the answer to this, but I don't, so I shall ask for a definitive answer and if / when I get it, I'll post it up.

One thing to remember is that even if you do pull the files from the directory, then if they were downloaded by the app and they are not DRM free, then the files will not be overly useful on their own, as they are encrypted. I'm not sure if the things out there that can work magic will work on those files.
From my point of view, it's purely curiosity. When I connected the Android phone, I couldn't see the books, so I wanted to know. Now I'm curious where the reading status is stored. That could be used to solve the OPs question if someone was interested in writing some code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
A little update, I received a response to my query:

"they should all be stored in the same folder:
Kobo/epubs
the sideloaded ones have the prefix S"
Good to know.