Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #61
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Physical hardware difference between a Kindle WiFi and a Kindle 3G+WiFi only appears to be that the 3G mini PCIe card is not installed on a Kindle WiFi. Everything else seems to be exactly the same and present even if not used like the 3G antenna. Amazon may have used a different production line when producing the two different models but hardware is identical.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #62
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Try walking a mile with it in your pocket. See if it resets when turning it on after the walk.

If I leave mine resting horizontally at home, there is no problem. After the walk to Church it went bonkers for a few hours.
I would not walk that far with a Kindle loose in my pocket.

It would be nice if you can simply accept that whilst yours is playing up, not everybody else's is.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #63
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave View Post
Maybe you shouldn't go to the church and read a good book instead...
You mean the Bible?
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #64
Rave
Rave began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by judith009 View Post
You mean the Bible?
Yeah, for example...or the Qur'an, the Torah, the Bhagavad Gita...there are many great fantasy books...
Rave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #65
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Bible as cause??

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith009 View Post
You mean the Bible?
Its TRUE. My unit had the KJV and NET loaded on it.

Could GOD have gotten upset that I bragged about a DEVICE instead of Him?

LOL.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #66
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
Let's agree to get back on topic from here... Otherwise this could get way off...
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #67
poundfool
poundfool began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I have a Kindle 3G that was rattling due to a loose screw. I re-fastened the screw to a mainboard mounting point located between the serial number label and the audio chip.

Internal assembly

Last edited by poundfool; 09-07-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Fixed link to picture
poundfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #68
plantoschka
Connoisseur
plantoschka doesn't litterplantoschka doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
My Volume control on the bottom of the device is a bit loose and is rattling when i play around with it.

Is it normal?
plantoschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #69
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantoschka View Post
My Volume control on the bottom of the device is a bit loose and is rattling when i play around with it.
It does move around a little and make a quiet rattling noise if you shake the entire Kindle. I'm not sure whether it is the same as yours though. It doesn't feel like it will fall out or is broken.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #70
ecostin
Enthusiast
ecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role modelecostin is a good role model

Device: PRS-500-505-700, Kindle3, KT, KPW, KPW2, KV, KOA
Fix it yourself

Dare opening the device, use the info here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97267 but try to use some plastic tools in order not to scratch it. I have found out that all the small dark gray screws are not fastened as they should. One was already traveling, while most of the others were almost loose, waiting to join the first one in creating funny sparks and freezing, or even permanently damaging, the reader. After fastening all the crews, there is no rattle anymore and no freezing. There's no warranty voiding label one might damage in the process, so, if you mess up, go get a replacement.
ecostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #71
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecostin View Post
Dare opening the device, use the info here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97267 but try to use some plastic tools in order not to scratch it. I have found out that all the small dark gray screws are not fastened as they should. One was already traveling, while most of the others were almost loose, waiting to join the first one in creating funny sparks and freezing, or even permanently damaging, the reader. After fastening all the crews, there is no rattle anymore and no freezing. There's no warranty voiding label one might damage in the process, so, if you mess up, go get a replacement.
If you open and fix the K3 yourself, doesn't that invalidate the warranty? Most product have that proviso in the warranty agreement.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #72
Lawcheehung
Junior Kindler
Lawcheehung began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you open and fix the K3 yourself, doesn't that invalidate the warranty? Most product have that proviso in the warranty agreement.
You never did open it.
Lawcheehung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #73
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
my power switch has a slight rattle on my 3G, our wifi one is fine.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #74
plantoschka
Connoisseur
plantoschka doesn't litterplantoschka doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
It does move around a little and make a quiet rattling noise if you shake the entire Kindle. I'm not sure whether it is the same as yours though. It doesn't feel like it will fall out or is broken.
Someone other told me that his Kindle 3 Volume Button is solid and not rattling...
So is it normal or not?
plantoschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #75
Tiersten
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantoschka View Post
Someone other told me that his Kindle 3 Volume Button is solid and not rattling...
So is it normal or not?
I wouldn't call the movement on my Kindle volume button to be loose. You can move it side to side and up and down only a fraction of a mm. Think the width of a sheet of paper. The "rattling" noise I can only hear if I've got the Kindle up next to my ear.

If your Kindle button is moving more than that then it might be broken.

Tags
loose, rattling