Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #16
noteon
Enthusiast
noteon is on a distinguished road

Device: Many
Thanks for the help. The article is live.
noteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
testing if thread has been closed, nope, posting works just fine. Use the New Reply button below.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #18
Zai24
Zai24 began at the beginning.

Device: lots
Hi, I have a question which I would appreciate some help with. The plugin adds epub:type tags to each xhtml file, and using the Add Semantics tool in Sigil I've added the epub:type to the body tag successfully. However is there support for adding epub:type tags to heading tags, section tags, list tags, etc? Thanks!
Zai24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Simply use search and replace in Sigil in CodeView (or saved searches or clips) to do what you want. Sigil supports both normal and regular expression searches.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:22 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Access-Aide version 0.4.2 Released

Access-Aide version 0.4.2 has now been released. See the first post in this thread for the link to Access-Aide_v042.zip

This version updates the rules for mapping epub:type attributes to aria roles given the epub 3.0.2 spec and changes in which tads aria role attributes may be added.

Thank Doitsu for the head's up and for testing with the latest rc versions of epubcheck.

KevinH
Advert
Old 04-27-2019, 11:59 AM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Access-Aide version 0.4.3 Released

Access-Aide version 0.4.3 has now been released. See the first post in this thread for the link to Access-Aide_v043.zip

This version updates the accessgui.py code to match master as a previous bug fix was inadvertently dropped.

In addition, given that epub:type attributes on the body tag have been "strongly discouraged", Access-Aide will no longer add epub:type information to any body tag.

KevinH
Old 05-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #22
Zai24

Using the latest version I've been trying to match aria roles to epub:types. I use the Add Semantics tool on my xhtml files and then run the plugin, but no changes have been happening to the code. I was hoping the matched role would appear on a <section> tag?

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #23
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zai24 View Post
Using the latest version I've been trying to match aria roles to epub:types. I use the Add Semantics tool on my xhtml files and then run the plugin, but no changes have been happening to the code.
What kind of epub:type attribute did you add to the section tag and what role attribute did you expect to be added?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #24
Zai24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
What kind of epub:type attribute did you add to the section tag and what role attribute did you expect to be added?
Using Add Semantics I selected 'Chapter' for one of my chapters and ran the plugin, which had no effect on the code of that chapter.

I also added section tags wrapping around the content of the chapter, thinking the doc-role attribute might be added onto this, but nothing happened.

Currently I don't know how to add epub:types or role attributes to my ebook using the plugin and would appreciate any help.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #25
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zai24 View Post
Using Add Semantics I selected 'Chapter' for one of my chapters and ran the plugin, which had no effect on the code of that chapter.
AFAIK, selecting Add Semantics..., will update nav.xhtml and/or content.opf.

You'll need to manually add epub:type attributes in Code View mode to tags in .xhtml files. For example, if you add the following code to an epub3 book:

Code:
  <section epub:type="chapter">
    <p>This is a chapter</p>
  </section>
and run the plugin it'll add a role="doc-chapter" attribute:

Code:
  <section epub:type="chapter" role="doc-chapter">
    <p>This is a chapter</p>
  </section>
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #26
Zai24

Hi again, I've been using this plugin for a long time and love it. I was wondering if there is a certain way of coding the ebook, or a certain technique, that guarantees success when using the add semantics tool. Lately when I've been using the plugin on epub3s, some roles aren't added or in fact none at all after I've followed the steps. However when I double-check the nav, the landmarks list has grown with the semantics added from using the plugin, which makes me wonder why it's not working as I assume everything is in place.

I understand ebooks are coded differently and I would greatly appreciate any help in making mine more compatible with using this plugin.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:37 AM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

AcessAide does not "add roles" on its own. It translates epub:type semantics into aria-roles and tries its best to add them where allowed.

Current versions of epubcheck has made this difficult by complaining that aria-roles should never be added to the body tag. This makes no sense at all but Access-Aide tries hard to not cause epubcheck to complain.

One way around these new rules is to manually add section tags to wrap the body contents and then apply epub:type semantics to the section tag. AccessAide will happily convert those to aria-roles equivalent and add them.

So this is really just epubcheck stupidity banning epub:type/aria roles on the body tag where they belong.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #28
Zai24

Thanks for your quick reply. I've already tried manually adding section tags with epub:type semantics on it, but the roles aren't adding when I run the plugin on some ebooks. However it works on others so I don't know what's the problem is with the ebooks where it's unsuccessful.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #29
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hmm. section tags allow almost all epub:type and aria-roles. So if you have a single xhtml file that has section tags with epub:type attributes that does not get a corresponding role via AccessAide, I would like to see it. Feel free to scramble the text. If you could zip it up and post it here, I will incorporate it into an epub3 and see what is happening.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #30
Zai24

Thanks for your help. It seems that updating Sigil to the latest version has cured the problem in these ebooks. Thank you.