Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
Didn't order from that page. The page I used just had lists of what was available and if you wanted ad supported or not. Since the other half likes Kindle and wanted a lighted one, I just looked at reviews and prices of Paperwhites not the sale page with the description.
The this is a gift page is at checkout. I have seen it on every order I have placed. I also have one-click ordering turned off.

It is easy to miss.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:43 PM   #17
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
Didn't order from that page. The page I used just had lists of what was available and if you wanted ad supported or not. Since the other half likes Kindle and wanted a lighted one, I just looked at reviews and prices of Paperwhites not the sale page with the description.
Interesting...I don't think I've seen a page that has reviews and prices but doesn't have the "is this a gift" choice. Do you have a link?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #18
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
The this is a gift page is at checkout. I have seen it on every order I have placed. I also have one-click ordering turned off.

It is easy to miss.
Actually, for the paperwhite, it's not. You have to click on "customize and add to cart" and then you are taken to a page with a bunch of choices. Color, 3G or Wifi only, with or without special offers, is this a gift, and protection plan.

Alpha o said that she specifically chose to get it without ads, so had to make a choice on that page. "Is this a gift" is just below the with or without special offers choice.

Customize and add to cart

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2017-05-06 21.50.44.png
Views:	215
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	156562  
Old 05-06-2017, 10:00 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Actually, for the paperwhite, it's not. You have to click on "customize and add to cart" and then you are taken to a page with a bunch of choices. Color, 3G or Wifi only, with or without special offers, is this a gift, and protection plan.

Alpha o said that she specifically chose to get it without ads, so had to make a choice on that page. "Is this a gift" is just below the with or without special offers choice.

Customize and add to cart

Shari
Even easier to see than I thought. But I have never ordered a kindle, just other stuff.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post

Shari
I think an issue with this is that it's easy enough either to overlook the question or else think, "What difference does it make?" especially on the assumption that the point is to include a gift message or ship to another address. If you don't want either option, you might skip over that, not realizing that you've just authorized the device to your own account. And then, you might not realize that it's easy enough to unregister the device from the "Manage your content and devices" page. I've seen savvy posters here not know how to handle it and I myself have carelessly clicked "not a gift" even though I know what that means. Easily remedied, but I think Amazon could do a much better job of spelling out what the gift/no gift option entails.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #21
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
The page I saw last Sept/Oct was just a list of all Kindle Paperwhites and the cheaper greyscale units.

I didn't see gift or customization. I wouldn't customize, and depending on what info was wanted for gift, I might not have checked it anyway. I know the other half, Amazon doesn't.

The only gifts I buy are gift cards from Amazon UK. Kid lives there.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #22
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I bought a Kindle as a gift but had it delivered to my mailing address. I had to be very careful with the ordering options!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think an issue with this is that it's easy enough either to overlook the question or else think, "What difference does it make?" especially on the assumption that the point is to include a gift message or ship to another address. If you don't want either option, you might skip over that, not realizing that you've just authorized the device to your own account. And then, you might not realize that it's easy enough to unregister the device from the "Manage your content and devices" page. I've seen savvy posters here not know how to handle it and I myself have carelessly clicked "not a gift" even though I know what that means. Easily remedied, but I think Amazon could do a much better job of spelling out what the gift/no gift option entails.
This is what it says on the options page:
Quote:
4. Is this a gift?

If you're buying this device for yourself, it will arrive pre-registered to your Amazon account.

If you're buying as a gift, it will be delivered unregistered, with prices removed from the packaging. You will be able to choose optional gift wrap and message options during checkout.
It may not have been spelled out that much back in September, but it's always had the "Is this a gift" option, and specified that it would be delivered unregistered if it was purchased as a gift...or at least it has since 2010 when I bought one for my mother for Christmas.

Shari
Old 05-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #24
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I used Underground to see what out of that I would later buy on sale on Google Play.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #25
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I visited the underground and I saw very few free anything lol. I was unempressed
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote