Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #31
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
By default, the plugin will only check the file that is currently selected in the Book Browser dialog box. That's why you got no error message when you clicked cover.xhtml and ran the plugin.
If you want to check all files, either select all .xhtml files in the Book Browser or click the Text folder in the Book Browser before running the plugin. (Clicking the Text folder is the same as selecting no file.)
Ahhh! Makes sense. Thanks Doitsu!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:52 AM   #32
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Thank you for this indeed very helpful plugin!
But there is frequently a warning that is superfluous and that I would like to disable, and, as I'm not a technic, I don't know how to do: I'm working with so called chevrons in direct speech, and each time when there appears a text like this: "... text, text!« cried Mr. X." I receive the message that after exclamation marks (or periods ...) there should appear uppercase text.
Would be fine to get a step-by-step guideline.
My engine is Windows 10, 32 bit, Sigil verison 0.9.9.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #33
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
this: "... text, text!« cried Mr. X." I receive the message that after exclamation marks (or periods ...) there should appear uppercase text.
You can disable most LanguageTool (LT) rules and categories via special entries in the LanguageTools.json file. For more information see the first post.

For example, one of your recent MR uploads contained the following paragraph:

Quote:
<p>»Das kann ich noch nicht, denn es ist mir alles unklar. Ich weiß nicht, sehe ich recht oder nicht, täusche ich mich oder nicht. Bin ich ein Tor, oder werde ich ein Narr.«</p>
which triggered the following error message:

Quote:
Col: 172. Context: ...cht. Bin ich ein Tor, oder werde ich ein Narr >>.<< « »Sei lieber das Erstere; um dieser Frau wi... FRAGEZEICHEN_STATT_PUNKT:PUNCTUATION: Eine Frage bitte mit einem '?' abschließen, eine Aufforderung mit einem '!' Suggestion(s): ?, !
FRAGEZEICHEN_STATT_PUNKT is a LT rule
PUNCTUATION is a LT category

You could block this message either by adding FRAGEZEICHEN_STATT_PUNKT to the disabledRules LanguageTool.json entry or by adding PUNCTUATION to the disabledCategories LanguageTool.json entry. However, the latter method will disable all PUNCTATION rules.

If adding an entry didn't help, please provide following information:
  • the document language,
  • the exact LT error message (including rule and category information),
  • the HTML code of a paragraph that caused the error message and,
  • the contents of LanguageTool.json.
BTW, the LT developers have recently released LT 4.0. If you haven't already done so, you might want to download the latest version.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #34
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Doitsu! This advice made it pretty more clear to me - already having read the first post, however. I'll try this.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #35
Leonatus
Wizard

Hm, sorry, but I can't find the plugin preferences folder. If I click at the bottom left checkbox of the "edit plugins"-menu, I find the "plugin-preferences folder", but this refers only to the epubcheck-plugin that is also installed. A .json file referring to the language tool is nowhere in the relative directory.
(This is what I meant, initially)

P.S.: Only to clarify: I use the Sigil language tool, not the one for LibreOffice.

Last edited by Leonatus; 01-02-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Advert
Old 01-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hm, sorry, but I can't find the plugin preferences folder.
Plugin preferences are saved in the plugins_prefs folder.

To display the LanguageTool preferences folder:
  1. Presss WIN+R.
  2. Copy and paste %LOCALAPPDATA%\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins_prefs\LanguageTool and hit Return.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:37 AM   #37
Leonatus
Wizard

By this way, it's the same result: I arrive at %LOCALAPPDATA%\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins_prefs\ but then there appears only the Epubcheck-folder with a .json file within. Nothing at all about the language tool; this only appears in the "Plugins"-folder, but without .json file.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #38
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
By this way, it's the same result: I arrive at %LOCALAPPDATA%\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins_prefs\ but then there appears only the Epubcheck-folder with a .json file within. Nothing at all about the language tool; this only appears in the "Plugins"-folder, but without .json file.
If there's no LanguageTool folder, you'll need to run the LanguageTool plugin once. If not re-install the Plugin.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #39
Leonatus
Wizard

I reinstalled the plugin once more - I had already downloaded the recent version - and run it. But now it runs without coming to an end. I'm waiting more than half an hour for a book of normal volume (about 250 pages).
Old 01-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #40
Leonatus
Wizard

Else, after closing Sigil, reopening another epub and running the tool, it asks me to open a java archive file. This vanishes after a while, then the plugin starts to run - still without end.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #41
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Else, after closing Sigil, reopening another epub and running the tool, it asks me to open a java archive file.
That is normal, because you'll need to select the LanguageTool java file when you run the plugin for the first time. You also might need to install Java.

Please re-read the instructions in the first post.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #42
Leonatus
Wizard

Thank you, then!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #43
Leonatus
Wizard

I have to beg your pardon for having caused such inconveniencies. Indeed, I hadn't understood the instruction concerning the LT 4.0. Here, on my first computer, everything works fine now. The issue that I reported had occured on my second computer that I use on journeys. I'll check it later.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #44
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Is there a straightforward way to save the results for later reference?
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #45
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsalomon View Post
Is there a straightforward way to save the results for later reference?
Unfortunately, there isn't one. BTW, there's also a standalone LT version that you might be able to use:
  1. Double-click languagetool.jar.
  2. Change the language to English.
  3. In Sigil, switch to Book View mode, copy the current chapter to the clipboard and select Text checking > Check Text in Clipboard.