Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #16
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Just an update - I called them this morning and it turns out the issue is not closed or considered resolved by Kobo. The rep told me I would be receiving a follow-up email in 24-48 hours. I am hoping it has instructions on how to return the device and that they are sending a new one. Wishful thinking? We shall see...
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:43 AM   #17
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Back again - I received an email this morning saying, "After looking closely at the information you provided, this is confirmation that your eReader/Tablet is eligible for replacement under warranty. An order will be created to ship you a replacement device within 5 to 7 days."

How cool is that! So, Kobo is coming through, looking responsive and helpful. Hope the replacement works! We shall see...
Advert
Old 03-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #18
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
nice to hear good news
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #19
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Heh heh heh heh. I'd have to look through my e-mail archives, but I think that's the exact same boilerplate wording as when they decided to replace my Aura HD.

(That replacement was replaced by a H2O after it suffered a horrible death from being dropped (and bouncing down) a set of stairs.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #20
RAH
Guru

An update - I just received my replacement H2O via UPS yesterday. I have not tried it yet, but very soon. So it took awhile, but so far so good. Of course, my original one worked fine till the 2nd charging (the initial charge was the first), so I am kind of worried...

Oddly, I have not received return instructions yet from Kobo, so I still have my original (currently being used as a door stop.. )
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #21
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received a return mailer from Kobo (something I believe they only do in Canada) but never got around to using it. When I remember (like now) I usually feel a bit guilty about that...
Old 03-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #22
RAH
Guru

You mean that they don't seem to care if they ever get the broken device back??
Old 03-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
You mean that they don't seem to care if they ever get the broken device back??
They aren't the only company that might have that issue. I've had other things that were supposed to be picked up (damaged items) and never were.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #24
RAH
Guru

Very strange, for sure. Anyway, if they send me instructions and a UPS shipping label, I'll send it back to them with no problem. Otherwise, well it is holding my door open very nicely!
Old 03-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #25
RAH
Guru

Oops, I just looked more closely at the email I got from them about a week ago telling me that they were going to ship me a new one. It DOES in fact have a shipping address and instructions on how I should return it. (Apparently I have to pay the shipping charges). Oh well, I'll do it...
Old 03-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #26
RAH
Guru

I shipped the bricked H2O back to Kobo this afternoon. Cost me $11 for UPS shipping! Yikes!! Maybe I should have used USPS...
Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #27
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I shipped the bricked H2O back to Kobo this afternoon. Cost me $11 for UPS shipping! Yikes!! Maybe I should have used USPS...
you may try to ask them a reimbursement of expenses.
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #28
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
you may try to ask them a reimbursement of expenses.
He can ask, but he's unlikely to get it, at least in my experience. Kobo policy says that buyers pay for return shipping on devices exchanged under warranty - unlike Amazon and B&N.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #29
ottdmk
Wizard

This may be country-specific, or perhaps policies have changed. Kobo sent me a free mailer to return my Aura HD back in the day. I really should get around to using it...
Old 03-30-2017, 04:41 AM   #30
Goldendawn
Goldendawn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Kobo support can require persistence. Sometimes posting to its Facebook page can get a response.
That's what I did and they helped me after no luck on phone. They seem more helpful on Facebook.
Goldendawn is offline   Reply With Quote