Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #31
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets/K1/K3 BasicK/Voyage/Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that as some people's eyes change, they need more contrast and Kindle's do not provide enough contrast with most of the system fonts.
They do for me and my eyes are pretty bad. Always have been and getting worse as time goes on. I can't read on tablets of phone, so I am glad kindles are around for me to read on. Paperbacks are at this point sadly out of the question for me.

Remember the days when we didn't have a choice in the font at all?
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 PM   #32
kyrilson
Zealot
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350(2), Kindle Keyboard, Kindle PW2, Kindle Fire HDX,iPad Air
Wow, I installed Chareink today on my Kobo Glo HD and I'm impressed!! Really like it a lot! Nice job on this, JSWolf!
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #33
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm another fan of Noto Serif. Have you tried Gerge's slightly heavier Noto Serif? It's a slight adjustment, but enough to make the font appear darker on an e-ink screen. It's available here.
Evidently I have missed this new version of Noto serif. I'll try it today. Thanks to ZodWallop for the information, and to Gerge for the good work!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:04 AM   #34
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that as some people's eyes change, they need more contrast and Kindle's do not provide enough contrast with most of the system fonts.
That's why I love the new Ember Bold font on my Kindle. It's perfect for my eyes.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
I've posted new versions of ChareInk. Enjoy!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
I use Amasis on my Kobo Glo HD, Lucinda on my Kindle apps, Literata in Google Play Books, and Ubuntu in Hoopla.

My favorite font is Amasis. I don't care for Bookerly but I do like Literata. Ubuntu is growing on me. There are no eInk Kindle fonts that I like which is why I own a Kobo.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:23 AM   #37
Larla
Groupie
Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!Larla rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Comic Sans == hopelessly addicted to you --
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote