Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
In short, Mend on Open is being done but it does not fix enough without a valid DOCTYPE at the top before fixing.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #17
apoiata
Enthusiast
apoiata began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a lot of pictures inside and original Word document is 5 MB.
apoiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #18
apoiata
Enthusiast

No, I saved docx file as Filtered HTML and select all suggested settings. It didn't work.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #19
apoiata
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Did you let Sigil try to automatically fix the error?
Yes, I did.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #20
apoiata
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Hi,
your code isn't valid html. (table is not allowed in p, as both are block elements.)
It was done by Word 2010 when I converted original docx file to filtered HTML
Old 02-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoiata View Post
Yes, I did.
And what was the result?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi All,

I have just pushed a bit of a "hackish" fix for this to master. I will rework this to something better when I get a chance.

@apoiata
For Now, you can fix all of this by adding the following line to the very top of the huge html file using any text editor before importing into Sigil.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
That should do the trick as long as Mend On Open is checked.

And please let us know if that does the trick or not!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #23
apoiata
Enthusiast

Quote:
And what was the result?
The result was posted in the first message - It didn't open the filtered HTML
Old 02-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #24
apoiata
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi All,
@apoiata
For Now, you can fix all of this by adding the following line to the very top of the huge html file using any text editor before importing into Sigil.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
That should do the trick as long as Mend On Open is checked.
And please let us know if that does the trick or not!
Yes, it does but doctype was changed to

"!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd""
Old 02-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #25
KevinH
Sigil Developer

That's great. The DOCTYPE was changed to reflect this was an epub2 epub and not an epub3. It would have stayed the same if Sigil was set to create epub3s.

Glad to hear it is now working.

A good fix will appear in the next release of Sigil. In the meanwhile, if you run into other problems with adding html files, just check them to see if a doctype is present and if not add one. Sigil is smart enough to correct them based on epub version.

KevinH
Old 02-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #26
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Good information. Thanks!
You are welcome.
Quote:
Are you saying that your doctype div.xml file WON'T open with 0.9.1? Because I have no problem opening that one (after renaming to .html) with Sigil 0.9.7.
Yes, it will not open and can not be added per "Add Existing Files" if the fully qualified !DOCTYPE is used. "invalid contend or not well formed XML - (line 2:.)

Shortened to <!DOCTYPE html> as suggested by KevinH the file will be processed.

But it is up to me that I'm still using 0.9.1, and your are right, this doesn't happen in the most recent build (which I should have checked). So never mind.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
But it is up to me that I'm still using 0.9.1, and your are right, this doesn't happen in the most recent build (which I should have checked). So never mind.
No problem. The examples helped a lot. I just wanted be sure that I was interpreting your results correctly.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #28
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoiata View Post
I installed Word add-in and received this errors. Pictures are attached. Again it's table conversion error.
If this ePUB was generated by my add-in I would love to have both the ePUB and the Word document to figure out what goes wrong here. This is very strange. Tables are not an issue for the conversion at all.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #29
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Maybe apoiata is taking about:
PI Index #7
DOCXImport
Import DOCX document into Sigil as epubs.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=273966
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #30
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tox, he tried the Diap's Mammoth wrapper, but I don't think he had Mend on Open set, which caused problems. The table related problem may be to do with images in tables, see third image in post #13, it's a skinny one liner, so it's hard to see it's even there.

But I think he may have gone back to the filtered HTML.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote