Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 06:39 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
And Booxtor's karma keeps growing! :-)

Nice work!
Exactly. Apart from the better specs on the Max, the two year warranty and Booxtor's dedication to resolving issues, even for people who have bought their devices elsewhere, were two huge considerations in purchasing my Max through him.

A lot of companies could learn from such attention to service.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:57 AM   #17
royconejo
royconejo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I am sorry, you are right. Correct link is : http://ereader-store.de/DATA/MAX_/Ma...e8bfd_user.zip
It is not the same software. This is the latest version of dev branch (testing release of 1.8.2) which I created for you. Please try it.
Thanks! I've downloaded & installed the new firmware. Did not modify the display in any way...

BUT THEN

I've been playing around with the ONYX "Chinese named App" with the Android robot icon. There's an option called "WaveForm And Vcom Setting". I clicked there and in "Set Waveform" and "Please select a file". The default /mnt/sdcard/wf/133 folder was empty, but going back (as you can see on the image) there were three folders named /mnt/sdcard/wf/68, /80, and /97.

I've chosen a random waveform file, the app said it updated successfully and then the display quality has been improved by much (please see the 2nd image). There are no more offsets but the greyscales are not so good and the screen keeps a lot more "dirt" at changing pages. Tried to test another waveform but then neither /133, /97, /80, or /68 folders were present anymore.

So I suspect this whole problem has to do with this display "waveform". Maybe it got damaged when the first system update using the android boot menu went wrong. And I suspect my correct waveform file is inside the first missing /133 folder.

Is there any chance to get those waveform files to test? I believe we are very close to solve this issue!

Thanks again Booxtor.
royconejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #18
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by royconejo View Post
Thanks! I've downloaded & installed the new firmware. Did not modify the display in any way...

BUT THEN

I've been playing around with the ONYX "Chinese named App" with the Android robot icon. There's an option called "WaveForm And Vcom Setting". I clicked there and in "Set Waveform" and "Please select a file". The default /mnt/sdcard/wf/133 folder was empty, but going back (as you can see on the image) there were three folders named /mnt/sdcard/wf/68, /80, and /97.

I've chosen a random waveform file, the app said it updated successfully and then the display quality has been improved by much (please see the 2nd image). There are no more offsets but the greyscales are not so good and the screen keeps a lot more "dirt" at changing pages. Tried to test another waveform but then neither /133, /97, /80, or /68 folders were present anymore.

So I suspect this whole problem has to do with this display "waveform". Maybe it got damaged when the first system update using the android boot menu went wrong. And I suspect my correct waveform file is inside the first missing /133 folder.

Is there any chance to get those waveform files to test? I believe we are very close to solve this issue!

Thanks again Booxtor.
Yes, corrupted waveform file could be also the reason of the issue. I just didn't experience it before and to be honest, could not reproduce the issue on my samples. No idea how it could happen to your device. But main thing is - playing with wf files has eventually worked for you. I will give you the proper file tomorrow, so you can try to install it.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:01 AM   #19
royconejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Yes, corrupted waveform file could be also the reason of the issue. I just didn't experience it before and to be honest, could not reproduce the issue on my samples. No idea how it could happen to your device. But main thing is - playing with wf files has eventually worked for you. I will give you the proper file tomorrow, so you can try to install it.
Maybe when the update failed. Remember that my device gone crazy after applying an update using the android boot menu.

Thanks again Booxtor, I'll be waiting for the files
Old 04-05-2017, 12:50 AM   #20
royconejo

Booxtor are you there?
Old 04-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #21
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royconejo View Post
Booxtor are you there?
yes.. It was a little bit more complicated as I assumed. We had to create a special firmware to update both kernel and waveform. If just the waveform were incorrect, there would be either no display or display with very strong ghosting. From your pictures it seems the screen panel parameters were wrong, therefore updating of kernel is also necessary.
Please download and install this update. I hope it will solve your problem.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:36 AM   #22
royconejo

And... It worked

Congratulations to the dev team! so far the 1.8.2 version that given the circumstances I'm beta testing right now is a lot faster and convenient than the old firmware.

When 1.8.2 is out I'd say I'll give this eBook another try on a real environment (taking notes and consulting books in college).

Thanks Booxtor, and as I said before.. you worth more than an entire support team
Old 04-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #23
Booxtor
Booxtor

I am very happy it worked for you! I also really appreciate your supportive words!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:58 AM   #24
jompo
jompo began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
same stylus problem, but MFG Tools is no more here...

Hi,
I have the same problem on Onyx Boox Max with the stylus after updating to 1.8.2 version, but I can't find the MFG Tools (or a previous update) on ereader.store with given links in the present thread (so the reader is unusable).
If someone has it, could he/she post this file somewhere ?
Thank !
Have a good day.
jompo is offline   Reply With Quote