Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
thewriterkid
thewriterkid began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet.
Note Taking?

Hey! Still looking for that perfect ebook reader. What's a reader that would allow me to make annotations on the books as well as seperate from them? By that I mean, like a memo sort of thing where I can make grocery lists or use it as a journal? Anything other than an irex? Especially something with expandable memory.
Thanks!!
thewriterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
The Sony Touch PRS-600 might suit your needs. You can annotate on books as well as scribble notes separately with the stylus. So yes you could make grocery lists - not sure how good it would be as a journal, depends how much you want to write I guess.

It also features an SD card slot.

I really like the physical keyboard for annotating on the Kindle 2 but it doesn't have a separate note function - you can only make notes in books. And it doesn't have expandable memory either.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
thewriterkid
thewriterkid began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet.
That sounds great...is there a limit for how long the notes can be?
thewriterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
If there is a limit, it wasn't one I've ever come across but I've only made short notes on the Sony. I do believe there is a limit as to how much you can export (ie download from Sony back to PC) but that's not a feature I use.

I would either search the Sony forum here for more advice on it's note-taking ability or ask some questions there and hopefully someone will help:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Boox 60 is a wacom penabled reader that uses a stylus for note taking. it has a standalone notes app you can use for grocery lists or journals. i use it for my grocery list now.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Elsewhere, I made few remarks on Kindle (DX) note-taking capabilities:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71509
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
the eNTourage eDGe would also serve you well...
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote