Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I only have one pdf handy: Invisible Prey. It shows garbage or blank for the chapter names but has the page numbers. Different garbage depending on what I did before pulling up the table of contents (ie. changing zoom or orientation).
OK, same for me. Thanks for checking. I wonder if anyone who has a "real" Libre can confirm this bug? As far as I can tell it's a real bug in the firmware, not a result of jetBook cross-dipping.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
So has nobody tried converting to Libre? Would it help if I posted pictures?

tselling, in your Libre firmware, do PDF's display Table of Contents? In mine I get numbers and no text.
I tried. The update failed.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
FYI, I successfully flashed back to Jetbook v0.33h firmware after adding the file data/JL09 to the firmware. All disclaimers apply... it worked for mine but if it hoses yours, I am not responsible.

http://drop.io/libretojetbook

Last edited by tselling; 12-16-2009 at 11:44 PM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #19
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
hi i've been reading some ade pdf books on the libre and the table of contents is fine. It might be relative to the actual pdf. I can test the pdf if you can post it or if i can download it somewhere.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I tried. The update failed.
An important question: Did it fail immediately, or did it start the "transferring files" animation and then fail?
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #21
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
FYI, I successfully flashed back to Jetbook v0.33h firmware after adding the file data/JL09 to the firmware. All disclaimers apply... it worked for mine but if it hoses yours, I am not responsible.

Nice!

Did you have to recreate md5sums? Anyway, I figure that if you don't touch Erootfs.tar.gz then the actual firmware stays completely intact. The rest is just to help load it.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #22
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
An important question: Did it fail immediately, or did it start the "transferring files" animation and then fail?
immediate failure
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #23
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
immediate failure
That means that it's not finding the firmware file. Either a) The file needs to be named something different or b) You might try a different SD card (preferably not SDHC).

Is the file named ebook-yaddayadda.bin or AluratekBook-yaddayadda.bin? Try both (well, OK, keep the normal version numbers)...
Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamfitz View Post
hi i've been reading some ade pdf books on the libre and the table of contents is fine. It might be relative to the actual pdf. I can test the pdf if you can post it or if i can download it somewhere.
I've tried about a dozen PDF's, both PDF's that I created myself and others that are from free books online. None work correctly in the Libre firmware, though they show the TOC in any PDF reader. Here's a quick sample (attached).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Test.pdf (51.2 KB, 327 views)
Old 12-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Nice!

Did you have to recreate md5sums? Anyway, I figure that if you don't touch Erootfs.tar.gz then the actual firmware stays completely intact. The rest is just to help load it.
No, I couldn't see what file would need an md5sum since I added a file rather than changing one... so I just added the file, retarred and aespiped it. Thanks for letting me know what file to add
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #26
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
No, I couldn't see what file would need an md5sum since I added a file rather than changing one... so I just added the file, retarred and aespiped it. Thanks for letting me know what file to add
I just know that it verifies md5's when it extracts the firmware. But since it is a zero-byte file... does it really matter?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #27
hamfitz
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've tried about a dozen PDF's, both PDF's that I created myself and others that are from free books online. None work correctly in the Libre firmware, though they show the TOC in any PDF reader. Here's a quick sample (attached).
ok i tried the pdf...there wasn't a table of contents in the pdf file i think. ok i am somewhat new to ereaders so I guess i'm not sure what you mean by table of contents. thats the thing at the beginning that lists like chapters etc right? anyway the pdf didn't display correctly when i first opened it if that is what you mean. i turned on reflow then turned it off and then had to change font size etc.
i took a pic of it finally displaying all the content the way it was displaying when i opened the pdf on my computer.
i hope it helps...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0049.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	41442  
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #28
bberry
bberry began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:

Thanks for the firmware! I verified it on my end that it can be decrypted and confirm that the empty file JL09 is the only change to the original jetBook fw 0.33h.

I believe that Aluratek have added the check for JL09 (timestamp is Oct-30-09) around version 0.15. So my Aluratek Libre v0.15j/h/e could not be upgraded to a jetBook firmware simply by renaming the firmware file.

With this modified firmware, the upgrade went smoothly.

For me, the main reason to upgrade was the Russian support in the jetBook firmware. With your help, the mission is accomplished.

Special thanks to Kralik and sobkas!
bberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #29
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamfitz View Post
ok i tried the pdf...there wasn't a table of contents in the pdf file i think. ok i am somewhat new to ereaders so I guess i'm not sure what you mean by table of contents. thats the thing at the beginning that lists like chapters etc right? anyway the pdf didn't display correctly when i first opened it if that is what you mean. i turned on reflow then turned it off and then had to change font size etc.
i took a pic of it finally displaying all the content the way it was displaying when i opened the pdf on my computer.
i hope it helps...
I noticed the funny display issue as well.
The TOC link is under the Menu. Push the menu key and you should have 1) Table of Contents as the first option?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #30
hamfitz
Enthusiast

Quote:
I noticed the funny display issue as well.
The TOC link is under the Menu. Push the menu key and you should have 1) Table of Contents as the first option?
lol ok i feel stupid.

this is what is displayed on the screen once you hit table of contents in menu
1 0
2 1
3 3
4 5
5 7

left is what button you push and i think right is the page number it goes to.