Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'll join myself to tshering's query, if you happen to have an Aura, I'd be very glad for a random screenshot taken with fbgrab .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #47
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I am also seeing a slower startup, that looks like a double start.

You might also want to warn that the auto start is still set to "start_nickel" and 20 sec. as default.

Those of us who customized poweroff need to make the changes to "poweroff_info".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #48
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I am also seeing a slower startup, that looks like a double start.
This is true, there is currently a double start! This is why I would like to publish the first update as soon as possible. I am only waiting for somebody to test the geometry values for Aura.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #49
flip1314
flip1314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD & Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is true, there is currently a double start! This is why I would like to publish the first update as soon as possible. I am only waiting for somebody to test the geometry values for Aura.
@tshering, what do I do to get you that info? I have KSM 7 running on my aura.
flip1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #50
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip1314 View Post
@tshering, what do I do to get you that info? I have KSM 7 running on my aura.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=45
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #51
Reventlov
Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo H2O
Hello. Is there an option to set the frontlight at boot ? (on the kobo H2O, for example).

Thank you.
Reventlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #52
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reventlov View Post
Hello. Is there an option to set the frontlight at boot ? (on the kobo H2O, for example).
Edit the /.adds/kbmenu/usersettings.txt
There is a value:
frontlightOnLevel=4

When editing .adds\kbmenu\usersettings or any other text/script files, it is important to use a unix style editor.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #53
Reventlov
Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Edit the /.adds/kbmenu/usersettings.txt
There is a value:
frontlightOnLevel=4

When editing .adds\kbmenu\usersettings or any other text/script files, it is important to use a unix style editor.
This does not work here, then. KSM stays unaffected by this settings.
(using a unix style editor).

I can provide any necessary information.

Last edited by Reventlov; 02-19-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #54
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to change the light level you see when you press the 'front light on' button of the KSM, or you are trying to make it that every time the KSM is started the light is 'on' on some specific level?

My answer was for the former.

Last edited by embryo; 02-19-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:25 PM   #55
Reventlov

Second option.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #56
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:

I can provide any necessary information.
Maybe we are talking about different things. frontlightOnLevel=4 is supposed to set the intensity of the front light. Possible values are 0 to 100.

If by "set the frontlight at boot" you mean to switch the front light on. You can change in usersettings.txt

Code:
## auto select
ksmAutoselectafter=20
ksmAutoselectoption=start_nickel
Code:
## auto select
ksmAutoselectafter=1
ksmAutoselectoption=front_light_on
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #57
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Second option.
Hmmm...
I don't think that there is an option for that.
Maybe tshering can add one if its something easy?

Edit: Well he was faster ... )
Old 02-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #58
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Quote:
Since I am preparing the first update to KSM 07, could somebody please check whether these geometry values have a better result than the current ones on Aura?
Code:
ksmGeometryValuesN=758x1012+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesS=758x1012+12+0
ksmGeometryValuesE=1012x758+0+0
ksmGeometryValuesW=1012x758+0+12
Please add the above 4 lines to the file .adds\kbmenu\usersettings.txt; and remove the # from
Code:
# enablerotation=true
in order to be able to check all four orientations.
Attention: You have to use a unix-style editor.
With these settings on my aura I can see the vertical part of "r" in vlasovsoflauncher. Default settings I can see only vlasovsoftlaunche.

I noticed no other difference.

Please note font size is default one.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #59
flip1314
flip1314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD & Kobo Aura
Quote:
These are the values for Aura that I took as default for H2O too, because of a misunderstanding. You have to take other values.

@tshering I have tested the geometry. For the neutral screen the geometry looks great. It has moved KSM slightly to the right and fixed the previous error. For the three rotations CCW the screen is slightly of centre. For 90 CCW it is off on the right and top, if the reader is held in portrait orientation. For 180 CCW it is off at the top, if the reader is held in normal portrait orientation. For 270 CCW it is off on the right side only, if held in normal portrait orientation.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore info.
flip1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:45 PM   #60
gong
Enthusiast
gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gong has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini (f/w 3.4.1) + Aura (f/w 3.12.1)
Otherwise, when koreader entries are not grouped (no "koreader additions" folder), I can see "select koreader version" entry at root but it doesn't work when selected.
gong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader/nickel, ksm 07