Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
The Leviathan Chronicles - SciFi(?) Audiobook series free downloads

I was searching for a new MP3 player and got diverted to audiobooks and happened across what might be an interesting web series audiobook that's free. I'm downloading the first chapter right now.

The name is The Leviathan Chronicles and it sounds sort of like a SciFi based espionage spy mystery. Meaning it sounds potentially fun. I know it's not an ebook but with devices supporting MP3 it seems like some here might take a shot at it as well.

I sense it is not a traditional audiobook and more like a dramatization with a full cast of characters. It's a long series so I hope it turns out to be interesting and executed well enough to make me want to download the other 25+ chapters and special episodes.

http://www.leviathanchronicles.com

Link to first page of downloads:
http://www.leviathanchronicles.com/E...eason-1/Page-2
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey thanks for that. I might download to USB stick and play it while driving to/from work. I can't read then anyway so why not listen to some fun Sci Fi.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
You bet...I also found the chapters are on Podiobooks and about 50% the size. Not sure if they are edited but so far the audio is nice while listening online. Here's the link:

http://www.podiobooks.com/podiobooks/book.php?ID=539

I like listening to audiobooks while working or falling to sleep at night. Maybe this will turn out to be something really fun.

EDIT: Well, I've listened to the first three chapters and I have to say, the production value is as good as Audible audiobooks I have. The story is interesting and this seems as if it will be a fun listen.

I've found a few other titles on Podiocast which look interesting as well. I have no idea about them yet. But I am having a good time listening to the book in this thread.

Last edited by joenunya; 06-29-2011 at 11:04 PM.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
If you get the files at the 1st site I'd use the "downthemall" app for browsers to make it easier to download the separate files. It's a great help for downloading multiple files on pages like this one. Make sure to set the preferences for just one or two files trying to download at once though since the files are fairly large (30 or more mb) and if you try to set it for more than 1-2 downloading at once you'll make them download a lot slower.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
I love the podiobooks concept, but be aware that it's a lot like Smashwords. You will sometimes be reading slush.
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I followed this for a while back in 2008 or 2009; I thought it was pretty good - but it took 2 months or so for each new chapter to come out, so I eventually lost interest. :-(

I may check it out now that it seems to be complete.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote