Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Bulk metada edit error trying to edit tags

I am getting an error trying to edit tags in bulk. When I click the Open Tag Editor button I get the following error. I am currently using 0.7.42 and I remember it working when I had 0.7.37. I can edit the tags individually.

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:None is not in list

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_bulk.py", line 765, in tag_editor
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\tag_editor.py", line 19, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 614, in row
File "site-packages\calibre\library\caches.py", line 611, in index
ValueError: None is not in list

I just tried removing all tags in bulk and that worked, but I still couldn't add tags in bulk to those books.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 02-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think yours is the 4th thread opened on this issue (appeared in .45).

The problem has been found and a Fix committed for the next release (.46)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I looked and found one that couldn't remove tags and that worked fine for me. Also I am on .42, not .45

I also found this one which is different too.
Error Message With Tags

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added a new book to Calibre and after downloading the Metadata I tried to work with the tags. I got the following error message:

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.py", line 784, in edit_tags
TypeError: apply_tags() got an unexpected keyword argument 'allow_case_change'

Last edited by Purple Lady; 02-16-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Sorry, I looked and found one that couldn't remove tags and that worked fine for me. Also I am on .42, not .45

I also found this one which is different too.
Error Message With Tags

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added a new book to Calibre and after downloading the Metadata I tried to work with the tags. I got the following error message:

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.py", line 784, in edit_tags
TypeError: apply_tags() got an unexpected keyword argument 'allow_case_change'
I think that is because they all are a flavor of the same "change/create tags" bug

Yours may be different: What type of Tag (or column name, if a regular Tag field)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think yours is the 4th thread opened on this issue (appeared in .45).

The problem has been found and a Fix committed for the next release (.46)
Your error wasn't the same as the others that's why I didn't respond. Bulk adding and removing of tags via the bulk metadata window works fine in 0.7.45.

Have you tried restarting your computer? If you have then you might consider updating to 0.7.45, or wait and update Friday to 0.7.46

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-16-2011 at 07:19 PM.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I just tried rebooting and it didn't help. I still have 0.7.37 on my laptop and verified that it does work there using the same calibre library. Maybe I'll try the 0.7.45, but I usually stay a few versions back so someone else finds the bugs, but I guess that didn't work this time!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
I hope the new version also fixes my new annoyance - have a frequently used custom tag column where after bulk editing sf to Sf I ended up with all my 2-letter tags grouped in the drop-box with lines in between them like this Ah|Fa|Mi|Sf rather than singly as works best.
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
I hope the new version also fixes my new annoyance - have a frequently used custom tag column where after bulk editing sf to Sf I ended up with all my 2-letter tags grouped in the drop-box with lines in between them like this Ah|Fa|Mi|Sf rather than singly as works best.
Did you look for it as in issue in the Calibre bug tracker? And if not there raise it as a ticket? Because that is the most productive way to ensure such annoyances do indeed get fixed...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Yes - just now.

The bug tracker can be very hard to go through - I've been given "what for" on adding a duplicate ticket (despite searching) - I didn't see anything - but being sure is difficult.
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote