Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Chose between the following two choices:
The Princess Bride by William Goldman 22 53.66%
Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow by Jerome K. Jerome 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #46
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Try Kobo maybe, that's where I got my copy. And you can probably use the coupon c4auto40 for forty percent off.
Thanks for this, but I think I must be going mad. I can't find The Princess Bride on Kobo at all...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
And The Princess Bride by William Goldman it is!

Put me down in the ranks of those who never heard of the book or the movie.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #48
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
The Princess Bride is waiting at my library along with Never Let Me Go and I'll be returning The Remains of the Day. Idle will wait in my elibrary...
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #49
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I'm on chapter five now, the movie follows the books quite well, but obviously they changed a few details.

The movie has a bit more comedy though.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
I'm on chapter five now, the movie follows the books quite well, but obviously they changed a few details.

The movie has a bit more comedy though.
I bought the movie, which I've never seen, for my daughter for her Birthday yesterday. Never let it be said I let an opportunity pass me by . I'll wait and read the book first, though.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #51
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I bought the movie, which I've never seen, for my daughter for her Birthday yesterday. Never let it be said I let an opportunity pass me by . I'll wait and read the book first, though.
Probably a good plan. This is one of the (very) few cases where the book is not as good as the movie. At least in my opinion.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #52
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I don't think it matters which you watch/read first, I like that I watched the movie first, then I don't have to get used to the new faces and/or think they didn't pick the right people.

The movie is a work of art.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #53
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

How could you not have heard of The Princess Bride!

The movie is a Cult Classic, kind of like Napoleon Dynamite...... you have seen that right?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #54
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

The movie is a Cult Classic, kind of like Napoleon Dynamite...... you have seen that right?
I haven't seen Napolean Dynamite . But I've watched The Princess Bride many times. I have it on DVD at home. Love the movie.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #55
The Terminator
Retired

Why does the discussion thread start so late?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #56
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Really????

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I haven't seen Napolean Dynamite . But I've watched The Princess Bride many times. I have it on DVD at home. Love the movie.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
Spacechik
Enthusiast
Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3g WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Napoleon Dynamite is hilarious. Vote for Pedro.
Spacechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
The Princess Bride is now available at the FLP.
I'm number 12 of 1 copy. Looks like it'll be a while before I get a chance to read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

No, not like Napoleon Dynamite at all. Napoleon Dynamite is garbage where The Princess Bride is very good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #60
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm number 12 of 1 copy. Looks like it'll be a while before I get a chance to read it.
I predict they will add another copy within a week.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote