Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
A complaint about ereader store

Hi all,

i ordered 13th of March 2018 a Onyx Boox Note on the ereader store. I prepaid 490,00 Euro. They gave me an estimated delivery time of 3-7 days, which means that today was the last day for a correct delivery time. After this time, as a seller, they should send a mail informing about the reasons. They also provided me of a tracking link, which doesn't simply work: since it just let me know that my order is in process (which it was from the beginning).
After charging my card i never heard them again. When i write a mail to them i simply received an automated mail that informs me that usually they answer within 2 working days, which doesn't simply happen to be.

Well, since i cannot get an answer privately it seems i am forced to make aware other people on a forum of potential buyers:
please be informed that they really don't answer to mails and they don't respect delivery times. If they are in delay they don't care and you will not be informed about the reasons. As such for now, i will keep you updated.
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
i would also like to inform that they offered a free shipping worldwide, but i was charged 28 euro. Of course, no reason provided, no answer to my mails. But the webpage changed slightly text: "now it is Free shipping via UPS to EU for order value from 100 EUR. Low-priced shipping via UPS Express worldwide".
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
rpvreviews
Enthusiast
rpvreviews began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 10.3; Various Kindles in past
Once i got burny by goodereader they never respond as well, and after that i don't order on sites i don't trust. i will wait for it to show up on amazon and then order. Returns/defective products are all a pain. Imagie the product arrived late and you trying to return to this store. I wish any site should respond in 24 hours in this day and age, No communication is just NOT accepable.
rpvreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If it is Booxter's site, try sending him a PM on MR.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:42 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
If it's from the ereaderstore in Germany, Booxtor's site, you will likely be receiving your order soon.

According to information from UPS, mine has just departed from Germany. Previous information on their website was for the paperwork. The most reason scan is a departure scan. I placed my pre-order on January 14 of this year.

I imagine that Booxtor is just swamped with emails at the moment which would explain his difficulty getting back to people in a timely fashion. My experience in dealing with him has been positive in the past. I see no reason for it not to be the same this time.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2018, 02:24 AM   #6
mossblaser
mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.mossblaser can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Boox M92
After much waiting with a tracking code which never changed mine has also just been dispatched at last. Sadly ereader store does seem to have form for this around new releases :/. I've had generally very good service at other less hectic times.
mossblaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I've posted some questions and in the bottom of the e-mail for the confirmation I can read the text below. I can see the problem of no reply or about delays are presented. Good or wrong reason, it's not the question, the important is that an explication is done.

With my question of two days old, I must wait for a week or more before insisting on a reply
[Grammatical question (solved) : 'insist for to have', 'insist to have' or something else ? Some help will be appreciate -> Solution given by Everlam : 'to must wait for' and 'to insist on' ]

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Ereader.Store support!
We will answer as soon as possible.
Please be advised, many questions we receive have already been answered at our FAQ area or in replies to product questions (just after product description part). Please check it out to get instant access to many of the answers our customers are looking for.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
We want to let you know that we currently have a very high quantity of inquiries which unfortunately means our customers are waiting longer than they deserve. The reason for this is that we are shipping many hundreds of units in just a few days. Our answer time may be longer as expected. Our support team is working around the clock to improve the situation.

We truly apologize for the situation - all emails are being read and we have the greatest concern and care for our customers, however at the moment we’re simply overwhelmed with inquiries.

Meanwhile, please take a look at the following pieces of information that might clarify some of the questions you are raising:

HAVE YOU NOT RECEIVED YOUR ORDER YET?
At time of release of new and highly demanded products we have to prepare many hundreds of pre-orders in short time and processing in our shipping department takes a couple days longer than expected. Please don't worry. We are working overtimes in order to complete all pre-orders as soon as possible.

YOU HAVE RECEIVED A TRACKING LINK HOWEVER THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PACKAGE DOES NOT CURRENTLY SHOW ANY PROGRESS. Our shipping department prepares in advance shipping labels for all pre-orders in the forwarders software and therefor tracking links are always automatically provided to all pre-orderers at same time. However not all packages will leave our warehouse immediately after. Especially on release dates of new products we have to process a lot of pre-orders in short time and this causes kind of congestion / backlog in our shipping process. Therefore, it can happen, that it could arise a gap of a couple of days between label creation and physical dispatch of the sending.

DOES YOUR DEVICE NOT ACTING UP AS EXPECTED?
We are happy to assist you in case you are experiencing any issues with your purchase. We assure you, that our team is carefully monitoring feedback of our customers and we are permanently working on solving of all appearing problems and on implementation of your interesting ideas. Our updates, especially for new devices, are very frequent and you definitely will be happy with your device. Additionally, you are always eligible for a full refund/replacement unit according to our terms and conditions when returning/claiming a faulty unit. Please do, however, allow for a bit of processing time as these requests have to be handled manually.

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO HEAR FROM EREADER.STORE?
Here’s how long you can expect to wait, based on your support request type:

Critical functional issues with your device, accessories or applications: 2-3 business days

Troubleshooting of minor issues: 2-5 business days

Complete return process to get your purchase refunded: About 14 days for return shipment, product inspection, approval and refund of purchase amount.

Shipment, VAT/duties/fees questions: About one 3-5 days

Other inquiries: 5-7 business days or more, as we are focusing on our customers needs before answering sales or business requests

A SMALL COMPANY OF E-READER DEVELOPERS AND ENTHUSIASTS
We want to be honest about our current challenges in providing you with the urgent support you need. Please know we are a small company that truly wants to delight our customers. We listen to everyone who sends us emails, we work hard to improve and will not stop until we can give you the service you need and expect.
Thank you for your patience!

Last edited by Randy11; 03-21-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Grammar correction with the help of Everalm.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #8
everalm
everalm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max Boox 2
"I must wait one week or more before insist for to have a reply"

"I must wait for a week or more before insisting on a reply"
everalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #9
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
Booxtor told me a week ago that the demand for the One Note and Max2 is very high. Because of that the factory does not keep up with production. The problem is he and onyx did not foresee these difficulties and he finds himself having a tough time explaining delays caused by external factors. Those who cannot wait have always the option to cancel the order and receive the money back, which is happening in some cases.
I am a long term client of him (M96, Max Carta, Max2) and didn't have problems. But comparing his store with Goodereader does him no justice.
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #10
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everalm View Post
"I must wait for a week or more before insisting on a reply"
I keep this. Thanks very much for the correction.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #11
iFlak
Enthusiast
iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.iFlak writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: reMarkable
As an FYI, the Max 2 is no longer for sale at Amazon, I'm going to assume they are out of stock and having the same issue as Booxtor. They have no mention when it will be back in stock.
iFlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #12
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
Booxtor told me a week ago that the demand for the One Note and Max2 is very high. Because of that the factory does not keep up with production. The problem is he and onyx did not foresee these difficulties and he finds himself having a tough time explaining delays caused by external factors. Those who cannot wait have always the option to cancel the order and receive the money back, which is happening in some cases.
I am a long term client of him (M96, Max Carta, Max2) and didn't have problems. But comparing his store with Goodereader does him no justice.
Mine finally shows progress on its shipment to the US. The emails above would have gone a long way in being sent out to users even as an auto-reply on their email.

Based on the fact that I have seen Booxtor reply on these forums (although he has been absent since mid January) I decided to take the plunge after serious consideration and order from him. Based on what I have read online in general and seen on the forums here about Goodereader - yeah, I agree, apples to oranges.
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:54 AM   #13
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMuffler View Post
Based on what I have read online in general and seen on the forums here about Goodereader - yeah, I agree, apples to oranges.
I understand that you are more confident with the Booxtor's shop, but could you explain to me your sentence 'apples to oranges' ?
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I understand that you are more confident with the Booxtor's shop, but could you explain to me your sentence 'apples to oranges' ?
The phrase "apples to oranges" is part of a saying about comparing apples to oranges. It is used to point out that there a very big differences between the things being compared.

Thus, Booxtor's ereaderstore cannot be equated with the Good Ereader store because they belong to quite different categories. The one, Booxtor's store/site, being much more reliable than the other.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #15
Randy11
Wizard

Thank you question Mark.