Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
After several years I've switched to a tablet

I was about one day away from getting the Kindle Fire. It was either that or the Nook Tablet (the close second choice).

Both of them are very good, and each has some strengths that the other is missing.

But then I compared them against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (again). The tab 2 lets me run the Kindle app and many other ereader apps.

The turning point was realizing that I could have the best of both reader/tablets and use Aldiko for the majority of my epubs.

Aldiko has just about all of the options that I've ever seen anyone wanting. The reading screen is clean and simple. A soft touch at the top of my screen leads to more options.

My reading screen is a soft parchment. The font I've chosen suits me to a T. Text justification is just as I want it, but could easily be as you would want it. Line spacing is set so that I can read rapidly (as rapidly as I can go anyway ) without loosing my place when interrupted. Screen brightness can be changed in a second or two (That's something my wife will appreciate when I lay down at night ).

I've never had an iPad/iPhone or any type of Android device before, so I have a lot to learn.

The 7 inch Tab 2 may not for everyone, but after a lot of thought, it is the best solution for me.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote