Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #106
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Greying out buttons is not a KUAL feature, so, yup, not happening, probably a ghosting-related visual quirk.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #107
pgfiore
Enthusiast
pgfiore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
thank NiLuJe, said that... why I have no log document? ;-)
pgfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #108
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Sirs,

I had Firewall with BBB Filter installed in KUAL but it blocks SSHD connections whenever I attempt an SSHD connection with KUAL Firewall switched on. I had to switch back to Factory Firewall and then Toggle SSHD off and then on, and poof, my SSHD works!

I had already faced this issue on 5.8.9.2 and now i'm on 5.7.4, here too i'm facing the same issue! Please help me by looking into this!
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #109
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
Sirs,

I had Firewall with BBB Filter installed in KUAL but it blocks SSHD connections whenever I attempt an SSHD connection with KUAL Firewall switched on. I had to switch back to Factory Firewall and then Toggle SSHD off and then on, and poof, my SSHD works!

I had already faced this issue on 5.8.9.2 and now i'm on 5.7.4, here too i'm facing the same issue! Please help me by looking into this!
I put the firewall rules that are used in visible USB storage for exactly reason such as this one.

Set the firewall to factory ;
Add a rule to accept incoming traffic on the ssh port of the Wifi interface ;
Set the firewall to BBB .

It has nothing to do with the firmware version you are running.
In fact, those rules will work on your PC or Router also (there is a thread here about that also).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:56 AM   #110
sammayor
Enthusiast
sammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trolls

Device: KPW3
Firewall stopped working.

When I connected Kindle (KT2) to WiFi it connected to store and Goodreads.
sammayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #111
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammayor View Post
When I connected Kindle (KT2) to WiFi it connected to store and Goodreads.
Did you enable the BBB firewall after the most recent restart?
It does not persist across restarts, it does not self-enable, it does include directions.

If it was in use properly, then Amazon has probably purchased a new IPv4 address block that is missing from the filter.
Note that the filter rules are in visible USB storage where you can add/modify/delete them.

Last edited by knc1; 07-18-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #112
sammayor
Enthusiast
sammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you enable the BBB firewall after the most recent restart?
It does not persist across restarts, it does not self-enable, it does include directions.
Yes BBB firewall is enabled after restart.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #113
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Yes BBB firewall is enabled after restart.
Do you have the facilities to capture a tcp dump of the Kindle contacting GoodReads?

The usual tool is: WireShark (available for all common O.S.s).

# 1 4 1 4 1 ... <- help! I am caught in a loop.

Last edited by knc1; 07-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:56 AM   #114
sammayor
Enthusiast

I have old desktop which doesn't have WiFi. By googling on Wireshark I found that hub is required.

I also searched for tcpdump arm binary for Kindle but didn't found.

Using Arin and other tools I got the IP addresses used by Amazon.com. Added that to required BBB filter file.
On KT2 Goodreads, Wikipedia and translation is blocked.
When store button is pressed after long time application error message is displayed.
On KPW3 same situation except I can view books in store. Books can't be downloaded though.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:59 AM   #115
sammayor
Enthusiast

All addresses I have added later are IPv4 addresses.
Does KPW3 uses IPv6 address ?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:13 AM   #116
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
All addresses I have added later are IPv4 addresses.
Does KPW3 uses IPv6 address ?
No IPv6 used.

Care to share the IPv4 address blocks you had to add, so that other people can update their copy of BBB?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:27 AM   #117
sammayor
Enthusiast

I have searched for Amazon and it's related domains.
So there are lots of ip addresses that may not be needed but I have added them just to be on safer side.

Any guess for KPW3 connecting to store but KT2 can not ?

I will attach the txt file when I get in touch with my PC.
Note that I have added the filter rules to for WiFi only.
(I have WiFi only models)
Old 07-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #118
sammayor
Enthusiast

New filter rule text file

Rules are added for WiFi only
Attached Files
File Type: txt fw-base.txt (9.1 KB, 205 views)
Old 07-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #119
knc1
Going Viral

Thanks.

IPv4 has been sold out for years now.
It isn't cheap to be buying more address blocks, but it certainly looks like Amazon wants to own them all.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #120
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
Any guess for KPW3 connecting to store but KT2 can not ?
Same firmware versions?
Same firmware build ID?

Tags
firewall, kual extension